Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Did anyone know Harold Hooten from Michigan? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Did anyone know Harold Hooten from Michigan? by Thunderstruck GT
Started on: 10-31-2015 11:04 AM
Replies: 43 (890 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 11-24-2015 08:50 AM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-23-2015 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great thread and read! Thank you all for posting what history you have. I am surely going to check back. Thanks again!

------------------
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Fieroking Customs

IP: Logged
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 05:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always wondered where you got that indy Bear, just immaculate!!!!

I remember when I saw it at westfest, thinking, man that is just not fair for the indy class with only one trophy, as that car will take it everytime.
And I also remember giving you mad respect for driving it that day and not just pushing in and out of the trailer.
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I met Harold several times years ago and he was a nice man and a dedicated collector of Fiero items.

There is a good group of extensive collectors of Fiero Items out there and while it is fun to collect this stuff it is difficult to share it. As some of this stuff becomes more valuable it is even more difficult.

Add to the fact when we go to events it is hard to take it with us. I took my Luggage to the Fiero Nationals and had to toss it into the trunk of my buddies 64 GTO to get it there as I had all my show equipment in my trunk. I have taken one of my 1990 Emblems and put one on the car and at time will carry one in my pocket but I seldom take them all as I just can' leave them out or lock them in a trunk.

Loaning things to a Museum also has its risks too.

To be honest the internet is a good place to share as much as we can. I wish we all had time to make a web site for many of our items to be on display and to provide the history of the car accurately but it takes a lot of time and money.

We are not the only car that suffers this. Just look around there are no Camaro Museums or much on the web with collections of interest. Only the Corvette and Shelby have much in the way of clubs, members and Museums.

There is no easy answer. The only real way to run a club or museum is as a business and few here could afford to do it and with even as many people we have the visits would be limited in person.

I have really loved to see a book on the cars history be done to document the truth of the vehicle. I also could see a second book with collectable items in it. It would be more a pictorial book that could document everything from hot wheels to prototype parts to media items and even rare aftermarket parts that were part of this cars history. There is one out now on general Pontiac parts.

We are lucky that the one book was done on the Fiero Press releases. It is one of the most comprehensive books on the car with all GM documents. While it had a few gaps it filled in more that many people never knew there was.

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if it would be of value to have a Fiero chapter with POCI - Pontiac Oakland GMC Club International? Then you could use their web site and server and store all the documents? That has it own issues as I think you have to be a member to access that type of stuff. There is the Pontiac/Oakland/GMC museum in Pontiac, IL that has some Fiero stuff. But to access information I think you have to be a member also.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock