Time to bring this car back! by painandgain99
Started on: 10-26-2015 12:36 AM
Replies: 12 (487 views)
Last post by: Jason88Notchie on 10-27-2015 08:26 PM
painandgain99

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all. No question this time, parked her for a few days.

I mentioned on a post a few days ago that i think the fiero will gain popularity amongst young people my age.

It is fast enough but not too fast for most parents to dislike, somewhat easy to work on if youre patient, fun to drive, very good looking and inexpensive for the most part. Not to mention the good mileage and good safety rating (atleast ive heard it has a good one)

Everyone should be excited when they get their first car, but for the time being, my mindset is this: I want to "resurrect" the fiero. I want to gain as much knowledge as possible on them and on working with them, and then start to create a following. 5+ of my friends (everyone who has seen it) is begging their parents for one and theyrr all considering it. This could go no where, but it also could go somewhere. Doesn't hurt the teen or the parents wallet ! Thoughts anyone? "Young fiero enthusiasts" or "atleast 10 years younger than the fiero-enthusiasts" 😂😂

------------------
87' GT 5 speed 😤 15 years old
My IG for daily motivation: Alpha_Photos

[This message has been edited by painandgain99 (edited 10-26-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The future of the Fiero faces some challenges. The people who built the Fiero are leaving us; the vendors are leaving us; the fan base is leaving us; parts are hard to find; the car is aging; qualified mechanics are vanishing; even stock size tires are hard to get new; the government is making Fiero ownership more difficult (all similar cars also). If interest rises, so will the price, which may deter new buyers. The Fiero has an inflamatory reputation. Fieros aren't practical for a family. It is really an extra car. The economy recently doesn't favor this. Also, it isn't necessarily an ideal first car.

On the other hand, higher selling prices/value is good for all current owners. More interest could increase availability of vendors and parts.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While the attractive style and low prices of the Fiero has great appeal to a small population segment, they are still 30+ years old. As such they are a special interest and hobbyist car and one that will need loads of TLC. Its also a 2 seat car and very few of this body style are coming on the market. IMO, the popularity of the 2 seat car is declining and it is very doubtful that the Fiero will ever be re-introduced.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero isn't coming back. You have the Corvette, if you want a sports car.

The solstice/sky was the closest thing to the Fiero (from GM) and it was a sales failure. Just like the Fiero, it was a compromised design.

If there was a "new" fiero, I wouldn't buy one. It would not be the same.
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to disagree with part of what Dennis said. GM said the same thing about two seaters when they did away with the the Fiero, but Toyota made the MR 2 for a few years after that, and in 88 the Mazda Miata came out, and is still going. Also the Corvette.

[This message has been edited by johnt671 (edited 10-26-2015).]

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought my Fiero last year and I'm only 24. My friends all want one now after I thought them how to drive stick in it (needs a clutch anyway). I even got my uncle into them and he bought one two months ago... He never in a million years thought he would like a Fiero until he drove mine; he remembered all the bad publicity they back in the day got and he never even considered it.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one for sale in carpentersville Feel free to tell all your friends.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/071737.html
painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im not saying they will make a new fiero. A car like this cant be replicated in my opinion. The hard to find parts and skills etc... are part of the fun. Its not for everyone obviously but owning this car is a very cool experience. Right now, theres not a guy i know that doesnt want to learn how to take a car apart. This cars reputation is really frustrating.... every adult ive mentioned it to said itd catch on fire. But all the teens love it and have the same mind set. You can either spend all of your money and time on a girl, or on a car. It comes down to that imo

------------------
87' GT 5 speed 😤 15 years old
My IG for daily motivation: Alpha_Photos

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ahhh to be young again. Within a year this is what you'll be doing.....
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by painandgain99:

You can either spend all of your money and time on a girl, or on a car.

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

Ahhh to be young again. Within a year this is what you'll be doing.....

Jason, is banging one's head against the wall in reference to the time and money spent on a Fiero... or on a young lady?
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Jason, is banging one's head against the wall in reference to the time and money spent on a Fiero... or on a young lady?

Yep Pat. Being in the world of Fieros is a no win situation! Oh, this poor young soul. But the kid is on the right track. It's either or. Girls that age are pretty needy. They get jealous if you spend time on a car and not them. So girl + Fiero =
PFF
System Bot
Ben84Fiero2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2015 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ben84Fiero2M4Send a Private Message to Ben84Fiero2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm 18 and the first car I bought with my own money is an 84 2M4, and I love it, my friends aren't as enthusiastic about it though because of thier bad reputation. It's also the car I learned to drive stick in.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2015 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ben84Fiero2M4:

I'm 18 and the first car I bought with my own money is an 84 2M4, and I love it, my friends aren't as enthusiastic about it though because of thier bad reputation. It's also the car I learned to drive stick in.

Wow. First post. Welcome bub!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock