Tail Light Photoshop Vote and Help by mr_corean
Started on: 10-19-2015 03:35 AM
Replies: 17 (520 views)
Last post by: mr_corean on 10-29-2015 01:48 AM
mr_corean

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2015 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a one piece corvette tail light panel on my car as well as an madarch widebody kit. I have a second corvette panel set as well that is split in the middle. I'm going to move the tail light panel out so it meets the edges of the widebody and glass it into the rear clip. I have made a few photoshops versions of the two panels put together in various ways to get mirrored curves but I don't know what I like so here they are. Tell me what you think and if you have any ideas feel free to post them up as I'm terrible at photoshop. The original unmolested car is #1, #3 is the first 'shop with the lights moved out, glassed in, and some of the gaps fixed. The dark area in between the lights is open and some sort of mesh. There will be no trunk and there will be an Esprit style lip spoiler on there as well that will go from hip to hip. The two circles in the middle of the lights are the exhaust pipes. Where the pipes are now, stock location, will be opened up more and diffusers put in the holes. I tried to draw diffuser fins but I suck. I'm personally leaning towards number 5 or 6.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2015 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#1.

The rest of the renderings detract from the simple beauty of the design.
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2015 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2015 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1 or 3
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2015 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1 or 3 again.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2015 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like #1, but that's been done a few times already. If you want something a bit different, #3 is nice, but the rest of the car should be smoothed and given the same treatment to make it look right. I also like #11, but again, the rest of the car should follow the same theme (i.e. Aggressive hood venting, brake ducts, fender vents, etc.)
For me mods are about continuity and theme.
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2015 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1 or 7, the rest look too busy. Except 3. That looks too boring!

[This message has been edited by Stubby79 (edited 10-20-2015).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2015 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like #1.

mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm seeing a lot of #1. The problem I have with 1 is I'm trying to remove the little "lips" at the back of the fenders that the widebody introduces. It also, in my opinion, gives an odd look to the car because the tail lights are so far in. Kind of like the newest model of Miata, which I don't like the looks of. Also for #1 and #3, the exhaust stays in the stock location. That isn't going to happen. The car is getting a turbo 3800. The exhaust is coming off the turbo and going straight out the back of the car between the taillights for a super short and simple routing set up. I'm going to make diffusers that will go into the stock exhaust locations so they aren't just holes.
2016 Miata
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might want to check if there are any legal height/angle requirements affecting your between the taillights exhaust.
Have you considered raising the license plate and centering the exhaust below?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mr_corean yeah we had that fender lip taken out on my mad arch widebody as well, an example of what was done can be seen here.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000090-24.html

Also check out what this guy is doing with his tail light panel like yours.

http://modifiedfieros.probo...hop-top-construction
PFF
System Bot
mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2015 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
mr_corean yeah we had that fender lip taken out on my mad arch widebody as well, an example of what was done can be seen here.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000090-24.html

Also check out what this guy is doing with his tail light panel like yours.

http://modifiedfieros.probo...hop-top-construction

When you eliminated the fender lip did you just taper the hips back into the lights?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2015 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of nice looking tail light panels shown here but I prefer the Corvette C4 tail lights with the oval shape or the rectangular ones with the rounded corners. The round lights look nice but IMO present a more 80's Ferrari type appearance.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2015 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Lots of nice looking tail light panels shown here but I prefer the Corvette C4 tail lights with the oval shape or the rectangular ones with the rounded corners. The round lights look nice but IMO present a more 80's Ferrari type appearance.

Agreed which is why I would prefer to go to a single light per side.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2015 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mr_corean:

Agreed which is why I would prefer to go to a single light per side.

Start your build thread yet ?
mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2015 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Start your build thread yet ?

Lol, you sound like my wife and she doesn't even like my car. I have not but I will get on it. I have no excuse, just lazy lol.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mr_corean:

Lol, you sound like my wife and she doesn't even like my car. I have not but I will get on it. I have no excuse, just lazy lol.

Can i get an alimony check ?!?

mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2015 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you accept monopoly money? Always helps to start the game with a couple hundred extra dollars

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock