One 88GT leads to another... by FieroLost
Started on: 10-16-2015 10:35 PM
Replies: 10 (686 views)
Last post by: Dylpro on 11-23-2015 01:57 AM
FieroLost

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2015 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLostSend a Private Message to FieroLostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have had many Fiero's since 1988, an 85 2M4, an 85 & 86 GT. But in 2000 I bought my first 88GT, mana from heaven.

Upgraded wheels and exhaust, and drove it occasionally. But made sure to stare at it everyday...big smile

Then for some reason (or should I say, no reason), on a whim, I sold it. It happened so fast.
A few years went by until I realized my mistake. Started looking for a mint 88GT again, about 8 months ago. Not many out there that don't require wrenching, eventually I located one after looking at many. You know the one, you know it immediately....
Thanks Steve (AKA GRT88)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2015 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have driven this car and it was a nice driver, clean swap. If it had AC, I probably would have bought it! I also knew the previous owner, and this car was kept garaged much of the time as part of a bigger collection that included a couple of other 88 Fieros

Great find, congrats on the car

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2015 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like how the stock wheels on your blue Fiero fit into the wheel wells.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 10-17-2015).]

Detainabull

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2015 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a sharp ride!
akademikjeanius

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2015 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my favorites, aestheticall,y in the history of cars for sale that I've seen on the board...no exaggeration. Nice buy, man.
FieroLost

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2015 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLostSend a Private Message to FieroLostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought it mainly to show, but not much interest here in my area. Even in a large show of 400+ cars here where I live, I was the only Fiero, most people are only interested in muscle cars, corvettes or 50-60 vintage. Kind of a lonely hold out here

FieroLost

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLostSend a Private Message to FieroLostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by akademikjeanius:

One of my favorites, aestheticall,y in the history of cars for sale that I've seen on the board...no exaggeration. Nice buy, man.

Thank you akademik, all the credit goes to the previous owner who did the swap. I am just the caretaker now.
As I mentioned the car show circuit in my area is weighted heavily in favor of 60 and 70's vehicles, or corvette's. Nearest enthusiasts to me would be London (150 miles away), Ontario or the Michigan chapter, closer but requires a border crossing .
FieroLost

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLostSend a Private Message to FieroLostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else regret selling their 88 GT so much so, that they later search for and buy another 88 GT ?
What is it about Fiero's that have such a hold on us ? Is it the look ? Perhaps its that they are an affordable mid-engined sports car with huge potential.
Whats your take ?
Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For me personally it was the look. I have a thing for 80s cars and this one really stuck out to me while I was looking. It's crazy to think I was almost not a Fiero owner, I found my '88 Formula with low mileage for a good price just by chance one day while I was in the market for a new (to me) car. It ended up being a difficult decision between the Fiero and a low mileage 1994 Taurus SHO from California, I ended up with the Fiero only because I didn't want to pay shipping for the Taurus which would've been about 1000 dollars on top of the purchase price (which I did have but both the Fiero and the Taurus before shipping were priced similarly which is why I decided I'd rather drive two hours to pick up a Fiero than pay shipping.

Haven't regretted my decision one bit, I loved my old Taurus SHO and at the time I was set on getting another, but now I have Fiero blood running through and through. I'd love to own another 2nd gen SHO someday but I find myself wanting another Fiero now before another SHO, next on my docket is an '84 Indy.
FieroLost

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLostSend a Private Message to FieroLostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh I struggled with deciding between an early Porsche Boxster and the black 88 GT I finally purchased. They both looked good, but the cost to maintain the Porsche convinced me that the Fiero was the way to go. Besides, the Fiero has a better chance of becoming a collectable, due to its limited numbers built (some 6800 total 88 GT's built). now whether that collectable label will translate into increased value remains to be seen. Least, I hope to recoup most of my investment, if I should happen to sell it in a few years. I can tell you that the 3800SC gives you a kick in the back that no early Boxster can hope to.
Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2015 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not too keen on doing a swap myself, I'm sure I'd mess something up and I don't have the cash to pay for one. I'm happy enough with the 2.8 so long as it's mechanically sound which it has been. Like I said the main thing for me picking up the Fiero was the look, although I'm sure the 3800 really does have a great kick to it.

I see you're from Amherstberg! I'm from Windsor originally! All my family still lives there and we'll regularly go up to Amherstberg to go fishing!
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock