Adding power doors by Detainabull
Started on: 10-11-2015 08:45 PM
Replies: 6 (322 views)
Last post by: Detainabull on 10-17-2015 06:35 PM
Detainabull

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2015 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I'm just double checking with everything I've read up on. I have manual windows, locks, and mirrors. So far I have pulled the cross harness and the harness for all the controls. Ill be swapping an entire door over instead of adding components to the door. Now the cross harness gets power from the c200 connection that's plugged into the junction box under driver dash. My question is, with my car being a manual car is that junction box already set up under the dash with c200 plug or am I needing to add the junction box? If so, where am I drawing the power from to make the junction box always hot?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2015 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you will need the junction box from the donor car along with the lock unlock relay on the right hand side. when installing this package you might want to look at installing keyless from a 93-95 firebird / Camaro entry too. It is very easy since you will have the dash out to do it. And if your really savy clean the power window switches and install a 530t module for 1 touch down. You will not be able to get to the c200 with out the dash out. Also make sure you reconnect all the different grounds to good grounds. Also if you didn't remove the skins from the doors before installation you will need to adjust them for lining them up so it is actually a good idea to remove them prior to installing the new door frames.

if you want to know how to wire the modules search my name on the forum it has been posted.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2015 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can buy a remote control box on eBay for about $10 that will allow the doors to be opened with a key fob. The box attaches and interfaces directly to 2 wire actuators- the relays are built in. The door lock actuators are less than $10 for a pair. Granted, this doesn't give you the power unlock/lock from within but you can just as easily flick the lock lever as you can press a lock button. or just use the key fab in the car . A simple solution for power locks for less than $25 bucks.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2015 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have added power options to multiple fieros. I have a write-up at www.michiganfieroclub.com under Tech Tips.

In my experience, I would NOT swap the doors. Swap the power window regulator and the power lock parts. I tried swapping doors and it takes more time to line everything up. Unless you have a good reason, just swap the options.

Detainabull

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2015 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok great. Thanks guys!! And is really adding all the components to my existing door easier than swapping it out. I would think that there's not a lot of room inside the door for that amount of work.

By the way, that is a great write up on adding power to the doors. Very informative
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2015 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Detainabull:

Ok great. Thanks guys!! And is really adding all the components to my existing door easier than swapping it out. I would think that there's not a lot of room inside the door for that amount of work.

By the way, that is a great write up on adding power to the doors. Very informative

You are adding two items... power windows (you swap the regulator) and power locks. It really isn't that difficult. The problem when swapping doors is that you have to work to align it and the external panel. This sounds easy, but it really takes a lot of time to get it "just right". Then, you will have to align the window to seal properly. I have been there and swapped out the parts on a low mileage Fiero, and the next, I tried swapping the doors on another fiero.... it took a lot longer to swap the doors and I ended up swapping them back and changing the internals. The door just wouldn't line up properly to satisfy me. If you are doing this, also swap out your dew wipes with a new set.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 10-13-2015).]

Detainabull

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2015 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gotcha.... Just wondering bc I have a GT parts car that I'll be using for a fast back conversion. Thought it may be easier to just swap the power doors with it and keep the same color as well. Suppose I'll just swap internals and the door skin and keep everything aligned as is. Thanks ks guys

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock