Fiero with an identity problem by Dylpro
Started on: 10-09-2015 04:52 PM
Replies: 12 (334 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 10-10-2015 08:26 AM
Dylpro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2015 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't figure out what to make of this Fiero that popped up on eBay. 1985 SE with 87/88 Coupe nose, non-cross lace rims, Formula badging on the side, and equipped with the V6. Here's the link to the ad! Click
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2015 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like an 85 SE V6 with 87-88 body panels mounted.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2015 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definately an 85 with formula skin .... the vin states an 85 SE ....

VIN Decoder
1 Made in USA
G Made by GM
2 Pontiac Division
P Fiero (P-Body)
F SE
37 Notchback
9 2.8L HO V6 (L44)
5 Check Digit
F 1985
P Made in Pontiac, MI
226283 26283 of 76,371

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014
Tylers Toy

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2015 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Formula really was not a original model.

In 1985 the 2M6 option was pretty much a Formula for that year as it came with the GT WS6 suspension, V6 Engine and with the SE package had the GT like interior.

Some one just put the later bumpers on this one. You can even see how the front one is faded different.

I have a 2M6 SE 1985 and I picked it over the GT at the dealer as it was cheaper and had more options than the GT. The dealer even swapped deck lids for me so I got the wing and the GT got the luggage rack.

Looking back at times I had wish I had got the GT but in the end I did my own thing with some parts that are pretty rare today and I have no regrets.

Note the number of the V6 SE is much less than what is listed as there were not all that many sold. Mine even was a Canadian version that made it even more rare for what it's worth. Just not much demand for Canadian V6 SE Fiero's LOL! .

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 10-09-2015).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-09-2015 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definitely an 85 SE with 87-88 bumpers. Definitely not the formula badging. It says "formula" but that's definitely not an OE decal.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2015 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

The Formula really was not a original model.

If you overlook the suspension....you are right.
Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2015 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was unaware that there was a V6 on anything other than the GT in 85. I thought the 86 SE was the first to introduce the V6 to the non GT notchbacks. Did 85 SEs have the aero nose or no?
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2015 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dylpro:
Did 85 SEs have the aero nose or no?

The only '85 with the aero package was the GT. '86/'87 SEs and GTs had the aero package as well as the '84 Indy and '88 GT. The '85 SEs and SCs were bumper pad cars.

Tuna Helper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2015 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the deal with Formula suspension?
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2015 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tuna Helper:

What is the deal with Formula suspension?

It's the WS6 (aka "GT") suspension. Big upgrade 30 years ago but after all this time, it's just as worn out at the base suspension.
Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2015 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

The only '85 with the aero package was the GT. '86/'87 SEs and GTs had the aero package as well as the '84 Indy and '88 GT. The '85 SEs and SCs were bumper pad cars.

I knew that but we're any of the bumper pad cars equipped with the V6 from the factory? And could any aero nose aside from the Indy be equipped with the I4?

[This message has been edited by Dylpro (edited 10-10-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-10-2015 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I knew that but we're any of the bumper pad cars equipped with the V6 from the factory? And could any aero nose aside from the Indy be equipped with the I4?

Yes. The 1985 2M6 SE was a bumperpad V6.

Yes, there were some 86-87 SE cars that had the aero body of the 85 GT, and a 4 cylinder, if I recall correctly.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2015 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The bumperpad 85 SE was available with the 2.8 V-6.
In 86, the SE had the aero bodywork, other than the ground effects being black, it was identical to the 85 GT exterior.
The 2.5 I4 Duke was also available in 86 (and maybe 87) in the SE, and had the twin trumpet exhaust like the V-6.

And yes, the 85 V-6 SE bumperpad (which could be had with the greatly over-rated WS6 suspension) could be compared to the Formula in concept, although the SE had an interior that was much nicer than the 85 base coupe, unlike the Formula's rather Spartan base coupe interior.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 10-10-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock