West Coast Fiero Electric Power Steering Package by fierogt455
Started on: 10-07-2015 10:02 PM
Replies: 5 (911 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 10-08-2015 03:45 PM
fierogt455

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A recent injury has led to limited mobility in my right shoulder making it difficult to turn the wheel. Has anyone installed the WCF Fiero electric power steering system? If so, what is your opinion? Please do turn this into power steering vs. non-power steering thread. Please re-read the first sentence again.

Regards,

Freeman

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have an opinion on this as I've never driven a Fiero with the kit installed but I think you messed up here.

Originally posted by fierogt455:
Please do turn this into power steering vs. non-power steering thread.

Regards,

Freeman

I think you meant: Please do not turn this into power steering vs. non-power steering thread.

Right?
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it is called sarcasm .Maybe .As for the west coast electric power steering , I know nothing about it .But I did look in to some electric assist kits that are available from Summitt racing .They are similar to what gets put on ATV's and newer lawn tractors .And I think it would do the job but I have too many other projects on the go to try it right now .
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have experience with the WCF system, but I followed the thread below on an Electric Steering build, and believe that the components are similar, if not the same. The experience of this owner might give you some insight. I think the WCF system will operate about the same as the install below.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/095326.html

------------------
'87 GT in process, including GA / Seville brakes, Poly Suspension, '95 3800 Series 1 SC ( 225 hp ) T460e.

[This message has been edited by darbysan (edited 10-08-2015).]

fierogt455

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This may be an alternative also.

GT Service Center in Melbourne does one with a MR2 system. http://gtservicecenter.com/

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock