That's a rough 70000 miles. by Silvertown
Started on: 10-04-2015 12:33 AM
Replies: 12 (391 views)
Last post by: fireboss on 10-06-2015 01:02 AM
Silvertown

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2015 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it were manual it be sold
http://phoenix.craigslist.o.../cto/5248265719.html

[This message has been edited by Silvertown (edited 10-04-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's typical of cars in Arizona if they don't get a lot of car from owner. Sun and air-borne sand can really do a number on a car out there. The big plus is that if it spent all it's life there, you probably won't find a bit of rust.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2015 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
High performance crankshaft?

First time I've ever seen that in an ad. What an odd thing to say.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a STEAL at that price.
It has a lumbar seat and T-Tops.
And the 88 does have a different crank shaft, just FYI, not performance but neutral balanced.
BTW, you know I could convert it to a manual, we have all the parts needed.

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 10-04-2015).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2015 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:
And the 88 does have a different crank shaft, just FYI, not performance but neutral balanced.

It is a steal, yeah. It doesn't look like it's in terrible condition either, other than the fact that the engine is probably seized up now after having blown the gasket. Perfect candidate for a swap though.

And yeah, I know about the internal vs external balance cranks, but i've never seen anyone point it out in an ad as a selling point, and since the engine almost certainly needs rebuilt anyway, "performance crankshaft" doesn't seem a relevant thing to say unless it was recently rebuilt and had a forged crank installed. So I thought that was odd to say in the ad.
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man that's a great deal!
Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2015 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

Being that it's a top car I would just restore it back if it is a cjb. What does the club charge for storage?

[This message has been edited by Silvertown (edited 10-04-2015).]

FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That 88 would pay for itself. I would buy that in a heartbeat. But I already have 2. And that's too far away :-(
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a very good deal... even with an auto.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm. It's been sitting for years, so lots of things will have to be replaced. I can already see rust in both the engine and front compartments, although a good cleaning would help. Dunno. It looks like it has more rust than mine.
Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2015 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Hmmm. It's been sitting for years, so lots of things will have to be replaced. I can already see rust in both the engine and front compartments, although a good cleaning would help. Dunno. It looks like it has more rust than mine.

You're already on the way to buy it aren't you?
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No. I already have a white Fiero.
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
from CL add

lotus inspired suspension

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock