Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Canuck Automoda .... a dream come true (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Canuck Automoda .... a dream come true by Danyel
Started on: 10-03-2015 10:57 PM
Replies: 61 (2748 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 08-09-2016 08:04 PM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2015 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 04-11-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2015 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

1988 Fiero Formula - Automoda convertible
repainted PPG Ferrari 'Giallo Modena' yellow - SOLD 9/5/2015 //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/070673.html
1988 Fiero 4-cyl Coupe - Dad's car, the Indy 'clone' - now enjoyed by my older brother in memory of Dad

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

As many of you now know I am the new owner of a Yellow 88 Formula Automoda, I have been pursuing a dream of owning a onvertible since I saw the RED OEM convertible at the 25th.

Nice . There were probably many guys wanting that one. Major drawback was no A/C.

You should look into making some kinda new improved updated version of the convertible kit. THAT would be cool.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm digging the wheels! Nice touch.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 10-08-2015).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is a pic in my garage a while back.... before the disassembly of the Black Widow and the TO BE 87 GT Convertible ... these are now in parts ready to be sold. The Widow frame will be sent to the crusher as rust has completely taken over .... sad to see her go she was a Blast to have and drive ... as for the red GT many fiero members out here need parts she will also serve as a parts car to my Formula ....

Congratulations on the car! ...your place looks like mine does most of the time...lol.
Gambit

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GambitSend a Private Message to GambitEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Fiero, i wish you happy times in the convertible, looks awesome 👍🏻👍🏻
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very Nice convertible. The Automoda was IMO, the most functional convertible kit for the Fiero. The Brisa /La Machine / California Convertible Kit was also available at that time but used a once piece top that went over the engine vents. (New vents have to be put on the deck). Both designs have their drawbacks but both are nice. I am now installing a California convertibee kit that I started about 10 years back and after putting it aside, expect to complete it by mid 2016. While I love convertible Fieros, they scare me a bit as there is less accident protection and no roll over security.
Good luck getting this beautiful example back on the road. I would just check to make sure that the installer welded a sub frame to the bottom of the chassis.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice big garage!
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
double post

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 10-08-2015).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
I would just check to make sure that the installer welded a sub frame to the bottom of the chassis.

It does. From the link in the original post.

Automoda upgrades:
- Convertible top conversion kit – including fabric-covered rigid aluminum T-top-style roof panels and fabric rear roof section on folding/telescoping metal support framework, reshaped rear upper fenders and reshaped engine vent covers
- Roof panels store behind seats – putting the top down does not impact trunk space(!)
- Rear section folds down FLAT behind headrests – maintains the original lines of the car, top up or down – VERY clean design
- One of approximately 35(!) original kits ever produced by Onofrio ‘Fred’ Scaduto between 1990-1993
- Professionally installed by Rob Kurnat, Kris Krawcewicz and ‘V8 Archie’ Archambeau – Lake Barrington, IL
- Can be driven with roof panels removed and rear section raised (i.e., ‘targa’ mode) or in full convertible fashion

Rick Coulter Racing upgrades:
- Custom underframe reinforcement done prior to convertible top installation
- Fabricated and installed by company with 29 years of experience custom-building entire race car frames/chassis in Chattanooga, TN
- Thick-walled steel tubing connects forward crossmember to rear section of frame rails forward of cradle mounting locations, including diagonal cross-bracing between for additional rigidity
- Custom design does NOT impede gas tank removal or cradle movement/removal in any way
- Professionally designed, fabricated and installed by Rick Coulter and David Trimby

PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Very Nice convertible. The Automoda was IMO, the most functional convertible kit for the Fiero. The Brisa /La Machine / California Convertible Kit was also available at that time but used a once piece top that went over the engine vents. (New vents have to be put on the deck). Both designs have their drawbacks but both are nice. I am now installing a California convertibee kit that I started about 10 years back and after putting it aside, expect to complete it by mid 2016. While I love convertible Fieros, they scare me a bit as there is less accident protection and no roll over security.
Good luck getting this beautiful example back on the road. I would just check to make sure that the installer welded a sub frame to the bottom of the chassis.

While not a kit, the Holland Pontiac Convertible Fieros were easy to use, didn't block any vents and even offered a targa version, similar to the Automoda kit. Personally, the Automoda kit is the best looking.... then the Holland (and I owned a Holland fiero, and have seen the Automoda, and others, in person)

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting the update and the pics, Danyel!

It makes me happy to see how the ol' girl is doing and what her new adventures are.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

1988 Fiero Formula - Automoda convertible
repainted PPG Ferrari 'Giallo Modena' yellow - SOLD 9/5/2015 //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/070673.html
1988 Fiero 4-cyl Coupe - Dad's car, the Indy 'clone' - now enjoyed by my older brother in memory of Dad

FieroJuice

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJuiceSend a Private Message to FieroJuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This has now become my favorite thread to follow as we have a lot of the same "Fiero-Do" items that match up. I'll be very interested in your progress and tips as you complete them. I wish us both good luck.

------------------
MaskJuice
88 Black Formula

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2016 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2016 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good mon ami
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2016 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got some more parts for the "Vert" now waiting on some adapters for the 13 inch brakes .... more soon

VERY nice!!! Did Russ make that? Looks like his work (and by that I mean AWESOME)

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
85K miles
Bay City, MI

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2016 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-21-2016 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You need a bigger bench.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2016 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got some more parts for the "Vert" now waiting on some adapters for the 13 inch brakes .... more soon

Um, it's missing something....oh, yes. The maple leaf.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2016 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Nice . There were probably many guys wanting that one. Major drawback was no A/C.

You should look into making some kinda new improved updated version of the convertible kit. THAT would be cool.

I have an uninstalled automoda folding mechanism and t-tops. It is way heavier than it needs to be in my opinion. If someone wanted to use my kit to make an aluminum version I wouldn't be adverse to it
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where you getting the 13 Inch brake adapters from? With fiero guru still not up and running. Or are you doing a whole brake set up with different calipers too?

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 01-23-2016).]

Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad this car made it to a good home, looking forward to your progress!

------------------
Project L67 Fiero

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2016 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

After ALOT of frustrations with some product makers here on PFF I decided I had enough of the runaround.... with ALOT of work measurements, trials and errors, and help from my manufacturers MY 13 in 88 big brakes kits are READY !!! Will I be selling them HELL YAH ...

I will be making available different kits with some special thanks to my secret manufacturers ... dont ask I will NOT reveal who they are but be assured of the quality of these parts (Some in USA and some in Canada)

Just for the record of anyone reading this... I am in no way associated with this venture.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is F'n shure.... and was not copied from pics of your UNAVAILABLE kit !!! as the dimensions are NOT same and tolerences improved !!! Prices will be accordingly also !!!

THANKS FOR THE CONFIRMATION GURU !!! my kit ....my research and my prices !!!

I said I wasn't involved... never did I confirm this isn't a copy of the 13" kit I developed. Actually, I think your posts and all the my, my, my... clearly shows you are desperately trying to overcompensate for something...

With all the secrecy around this, I didn't want unsuspecting members to think I shared my design or was supplying you parts. Had you shared who these secret suppliers were, I wouldn't have felt obligated to reply.

Just saved for posterity...

After ALOT of frustrations with some product makers here on PFF I decided I had enough of the runaround.... with ALOT of work measurements, trials and errors, and help from my manufacturers MY 13 in 88 big brakes kits are READY !!! Will I be selling them HELL YAH ...

I will be making available different kits with some special thanks to my secret manufacturers ... dont ask I will NOT reveal who they are but be assured of the quality of these parts (Some in USA and some in Canada)

My 13inch 88 kits are now available and ready .. prices wil be sent via PM for a complete 88 KIT or just the hardware CANADA ONLY as I am still working out the quantity prices with my silent manufacturers and shipping costs .....Stay tuned for a new MALL thread of ALL the products I will be making available ... My 13in 88 kits... Grand-Am kits (without Caliper rotation), 88 Craddle to 84-87 chassis kits, F23 Tranny to 3800 SC support kits, Low Profile 60mm Buckets, and of course my Smooth LED Markers .... but for now here is a quick preview of my 13 inch kit .... stay tuned soon !!!! I have alot of goodies to upgrade on my "VERT" and will post more pics and info on this ......

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroguru

12128 posts
Member since Aug 2003

That is F'n shure. and would definatelty not want to either... kit was not copied from pics of your UNAVAILABLE kit I used pics from another forum that are the same shape !! The dimensions are NOT same and tolerences are also improved !!! Prices will be accordingly also !!! Kit will in a near future have a different PS side cable instead of little adapters ....

THANKS FOR THE CONFIRMATION GURU !!! my kit ....my research ... and my prices !!!

Why the need for the revise about the parking brake solution?

I thought the use of those two small/simple parts to avoid the end user needing to buy and install a new/custom parking brake cable was quite ingenious... You should thank the person who came up with that cost saving/simplistic solution that helped make the brake kit you intend to sell so unique it couldn't possibly be a copy...

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for confiming ... your research YEAH RIGHT !!!! LOL now get out of my VERT build thread .... hope to see you soon in MY MALL THREAD !!! LOL

My research and development was done so publicly on the forum: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087368.html

The kit you intend to sell was done in secrecy...

Have a good evening!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors