Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Wanting to do a swap, I need a 3800SC engine, parts, and ANY advice you can offer up! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Wanting to do a swap, I need a 3800SC engine, parts, and ANY advice you can offer up! by JohnWPB
Started on: 10-03-2015 06:17 PM
Replies: 47 (1988 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 05-24-2018 07:14 PM
AutoMarshal

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarshalClick Here to visit AutoMarshal's HomePageSend a Private Message to AutoMarshalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a good read..... should be most all the info you need

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/000156.html
IP: Logged
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

I have the corvette tips. I may have to go with a spintech to get it quieter.

We have found the Spintech mufflers to be the most tolerable of all the small mufflers that fit and they enable you to keep the trunk untouched. . The 3" In duel 2 1/2" out crossflow is a bit loud (but tolerable). When you use a model with dual 2" outs the muffler is not as straight through ( as with the 2 1/2" outs) and keeps the sound down more.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2015 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

We have found the Spintech mufflers to be the most tolerable of all the small mufflers that fit and they enable you to keep the trunk untouched. . The 3" In duel 2 1/2" out crossflow is a bit loud (but tolerable). When you use a model with dual 2" outs the muffler is not as straight through ( as with the 2 1/2" outs) and keeps the sound down more.

Great Info!

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2015 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a small update:

May have found a 3800SC with some of the swap stuff included. Working on the details and such. When I do get it, I intend on updating my build thread, with as many details on doing the swap from start to finish.

Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2015 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for bumping this thread. It aligns closely with my own plans and skills, but I'm going to stick with the Getrag 5sp.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2016 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, looks like I have secured an engine in Montgomery, Alabama from IROCTAFIERO. I just need to go get it, or have it shipped, it is 50/50 right now on which one I am gonna do.

What it includes:
  • 2004 Grand Prix Series 3 S/C engine (Roughly 80,000 Miles on it)
  • 4T65E(HD) from same car, still attached to engine
  • 4T65E to Fiero Transmission mount
  • 1 SLP 3.5 pulley and pulley tool (adds roughly an additional 15-20 HP)
  • 1 FieroFlyer wiring harness Built for an 1987 GT automatic with A/C (Mine is an 86 with A/C and no changes are needed that I know of at this point)
  • ECM programmed and tuned by FieroFlyer
  • 1 Throttle Body from a Series II
  • 1 Throttle Body adapter

What I still need, and am pretty clear on
  • Coil Packs
  • Module
  • Engine Mounts
  • Correct Axels
  • Higher capacity fuel pump
  • New axles (auto)
  • Custom exhaust system.

What I still need, mentioned by others, that I am not clear on,

• New ignition wires (To the ignition in the column?)
  • a custom water outlet (For draining? the petcock on the radiator is not good enough?)

Here is the engine:

Here is the transmission mount:

I will be getting more pictures of everything else here soon.

This thread was for sourcing an engine, getting ideas and advice, and it has served it's purpose well! From this point on, I will be posting ALL further updates in my build thread.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-09-2016).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2016 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to all for all the advice and suggestions in this thread. I totally forgot about this thread till going through some bookmarks.....

I have purchased a 3800 Series III with 4t65e-hd with 80,000 miles on it. This is the day it followed me home:

You can check out the engine as I progress on the installation starting on page 13 of my build thread. I am doing my best to document everything that is needed for the swap, with photo's and part numbers as much as possible.

Please post any further comments in that thread, and let this one die off. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 05-24-2018).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2018 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[Posted in wrong thread, sorry]

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 05-24-2018).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay