G6 arrowhead on aero nose by Napoleon_Tanerite
Started on: 10-02-2015 10:50 AM
Replies: 9 (504 views)
Last post by: dobey on 10-18-2015 07:09 PM
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2015 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a G6 arrowhead to use on my GT. It's completely flat, which fits perfectly forward to aft, but there is some play left to right. The nose is currently off the car, so maybe that's the difference, but I'm about to prime it and would like some advice from guys if I need to do body work to get it to fit right. Pics always help too!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had the badge off my Formula nose when I had it painted. I don't really remember it being "folded" in the middle. Maybe it was just curved a bit.
You might be able to grind the center of the badge "concave" a bit. In any event, mine was reattached with double sided tape, instead of the speed nuts that originally held it. Works fine.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have also been using 3M double sided tap to attach nose badges after painting. Several have been on 10 or more years without issue.

Nelson
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2015 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone ever tried to graft an entire G6 nose (with headlight assemblies) onto a Fiero? Looking at the published dimensions for the car, the G6 is only 1.5" wider than the Fiero at the wheels, so the nose may fit pretty well. Obviously it would take a lot of work where the hood meets the top, but I think it would look awesome, and far more modern Pontiac than any existing Fiero nose.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2015 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's an interesting thought. I own both, and I've never considered it. The G6 nose looks very "tall" compared to the Fiero, though.

I think the Sunbird/Sunfire nose might look better. I have no idea of the dimensions of either one, however.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-18-2015).]

Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2015 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya, the vertical would be what I was afraid of. I really like the looks of the later model Pontiacs (GTO, G6/8) and think that would look good on a Fiero. I think the nose on the Fiero is what really dates the car. With a modern nose on it a fastback Fiero would look like it just rolled off the factory floor in 2015, at least until you saw the interior!
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2015 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My employer makes automotive badging as a major part of our business. Most badging is applied with a double sided foam adhesive these days. Snap lugs are another common method. The stuff like 3Ms makes is typically around 0.030" thick. We do nameplates with 0.020", 0.032", 0.045", and 0.062" thick double sided acrylic foam adhesive. Perhaps doubling up the 0.030" thickness of the 3M material would fill the gap and prevent the wobble?

Hope this helps
Jeff
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2015 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can always check out the Fierofiberglass webpage. Jimmy has some different noses on there like this one:
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2015 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like Jimmy's work, but he doesn't have anything that follows the lines of a Formula. (No ground effects, etc...)
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2015 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Eh, the only things about the aero nose that make the car look dated really, are the deep turn signal pockets, and the fact that it's not as aggressive looking as modern cars are.

The headlights and body molding, are what really date the Fiero. There aren't a lot of options for modernizing the headlights, and fitting lights molded for other bodies, like the C6 or NSX headlights, still looks a bit off, because they don't fit the Fiero body lines. The lights from doublec4 are the best option I've seen so far.

My plan is to move the turn signal up to the headlight area, like the C6 Vette has, using doublec4's headlights as a base, and to fill in the turn signal holes on the factory nose, also using an upside down bottom section from another aero bumper for the lip spoiler to make it a bit more aggressive. We'll see how that works out though.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock