Looking to buy a "built" Fiero by 86Zimmer
Started on: 09-30-2015 07:54 PM
Replies: 9 (502 views)
Last post by: Tuna Helper on 10-09-2015 09:24 PM
86Zimmer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86ZimmerSend a Private Message to 86ZimmerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As subject says please keep me in mind should you decide to sell your well modded Fiero. I wont lie, I plan to strip the Fiero of its well built drivetrain and every other bolt I can use in my 87 Zimmer Quicksilver. I just missed out on one in Detroit that I should have pulled the trigger on a week ago, so I decided to make this post.

Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CJB118

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 2003 GTP L67/MN7 with 111k mi. FS, $1200. Runs good, has body damage, salvage title. No need to hack up a finished Fiero.

[This message has been edited by CJB118 (edited 10-01-2015).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are you looking for? GT? Engine? 3800 SC? Price range? I have 87 GT with 225,000 on chassis, about 80-90K on drive train, 3800SC w/auto. New Continental Extreme Contact DW tires. 17" front, 18" rear etc.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 10-01-2015).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds to me like he dont want to do a swap and have to engineer anything. He wants to just have a plug and play thats already done. I like the same thing sometimes. When my SuperBee needed an engine, I bought a Chrysler out of a museum that was just a pull and bolt it in job. All I had to modify was the front exhaust header pipe on one side between manifold and front pipe. It was a 4 hour job to pull both and install the new one from radiator thru transmission.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 10-01-2015).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2015 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a PM

Must have changed his mind.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 10-02-2015).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2015 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With the availability of swap harnesses, swap mounts, alternator brackets, and other parts, swaps can become almost a plug and play job.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Tuna Helper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2015 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be helpful to know his location. I've been thinking about selling mine and buying a stock engined car so I wouldn't have to bump up so many classes in SCCA.
86Zimmer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2015 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86ZimmerSend a Private Message to 86ZimmerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

With the availability of swap harnesses, swap mounts, alternator brackets, and other parts, swaps can become almost a plug and play job.

I am not just interested in an engine swap, I plan on transferring everything over/into the Zimmer.

I am located in Nebraska, however I have a truck or if the vehicle is roadworthy I can fly in and drive it away.
jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent...
Tuna Helper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2015 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a car that I would sell, 3800sc, 4 speed. Part of why I consider it a turd is the person who did the swap basically did a hack job. He chopped out the doggone mount which I had to rebuild, cut the trunk out and didn't repair it, hacked in some exhaust to go around the shift cables, blown out mufflers, etc. I've been working of fixing the issues but some like the trunk either can't be fixed or I just don't have the time/skill/motivation to fix.

I might just yank the drivetrain and swap it into another nicer Fiero.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock