shipping large items by Grantman
Started on: 09-28-2015 08:49 PM
Replies: 4 (178 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 09-29-2015 11:30 PM
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just to report, I shipped a front hood from Harrisburg, PA to Minnesota for $65 using Fastenal. almost half what Greyhound wanted. tried my best to tape it up in cardboard. they were careful and it arrived just fine. hardly a nick on the box to show there was any rough handling. It made about 6 stops on the way here. the guys at both ends were very friendly. the one near me said they really like to help out with shipping. Great experience for anyone looking to ship something large. He says they seem to do a lot of transmissions. crated up in wood is best, heavy items need a place for fork lift. wood crates are insured, cardboard is not.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT fastback SC3800 3.4 pulley, LS1 TB
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with "big boy" 5.9 motor
1983 Honda Goldwing interstate
1985 Honda V65 Magna

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds interesting, do you have a website or information on where you got a quote or scheduled the delivery? I Googled and found a website for Fastenal, but no information on shipping ect.

I need to get an engine block from Mississippi to South Florida.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 09-28-2015).]

Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fastenal.com/en...arty-logistics-(3pl)

Here's a link to the logistics page on their website. once you enter the zip code the next page makes more sense. hard to find on their website where they do the shipping but its there. it sure went smooth for me. hard to predict the days. And no idea if they have the ability to track where something is along the way.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! Yea, it's not advertised very well on how to get a quote on their site. I just filled out the form, aprox 400 pound engine from Gulfport MS to West Palm Beach, FL, and will wait to see what they say.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
I received an email just a couple hour after filling out the form on their site:

John,
I have reviewed your request for a quote. I can ship your engine from Branch: MSGUL to Branch: FLWET for $110.00.
Please let me to know if you want to continue with the shipment.

The distance is 750 miles. That seems like a very good price to me.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock