Finally got my fiero! by painandgain99
Started on: 09-26-2015 11:15 PM
Replies: 38 (730 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 10-01-2015 06:19 PM
painandgain99

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The signature has been changed folks! Proud owner of an 87' GT. Silver, custom vents, raised wing, racing rims. Im very happy. There are a few problems i dont think i can get help with on here, like the clutch not working well. A somewhat mechanically talented friend of mine suggested it was the master cylinder. First ill replace the fluids, then the cylinder and maybe the clutch if it needs to be. 109k miles, cloth interior in great shape. 5 speed. very cool car, all my friends and neighbors came to see it. A very good man gave it to me and my dad for 1500$. Rust free

Now for some help on minor things. The oil pressure gauge flies all over the place freely, when still it reads very high but im not sure if its correct.
The steering wheel is loose, the previous owner said its a "ring" within the wheel that broke. Whole wheel and what its attached to shakes. The horn wont work. And the trim piece around the shifter is loose, the whole center piece seems to not be attached to it. Any help on how to fix? Also the drivers side window sail is broke. can anyone give me a link to a replacement? Or if anyone has a parts fiero lying around and can give me one for free or cheap, would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance guys, sorry for all the questions. big day for me, i have pictures but cant figure out how to post them, also need some help with that XD

------------------
87' GT 5 speed 😤 15 years old

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by painandgain99:

i have pictures but cant figure out how to post them, also need some help with that XD

PIP

And I hope you're not needing to pull that tranny.
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had three GT's now and two of them had an oil pressure gauge that bounced all over the place. Replacing the oil pressure sensor fixed both of them. Don't know if that will fix a high pressure reading.

The loose steering wheel would concern me. I don't know about a broken "ring", but it could be that the 4 bolts that live deep down in the steering column are loose. Another common problem with these cars. If it is it needs to be addressed immediately. If any of those bolts back out all the way ( a real possibility) you could experience steering failure. I had this problem with my 88 GT and was lucky enough to find a forum member nearby that really know his stuff on these and had the proper tools to do the job. (Thanks again Mike!)
painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

I've had three GT's now and two of them had an oil pressure gauge that bounced all over the place. Replacing the oil pressure sensor fixed both of them. Don't know if that will fix a high pressure reading.

The loose steering wheel would concern me. I don't know about a broken "ring", but it could be that the 4 bolts that live deep down in the steering column are loose. Another common problem with these cars. If it is it needs to be addressed immediately. If any of those bolts back out all the way ( a real possibility) you could experience steering failure. I had this problem with my 88 GT and was lucky enough to find a forum member nearby that really know his stuff on these and had the proper tools to do the job. (Thanks again Mike!)

Any link on a tutorial on how i can fix these bolts?
painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

painandgain99

375 posts
Member since Jul 2015
Also, whoever put on the custom vents i believe messed up the rubber strip around the door and vent. The little plastic clips are broken, also the drivers side door panel and window seem sort of loose. Any tips? Or a link where i can get those replacement clips
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Re steering column http://www.fieros.de/en/articles/steering.html

Also here, part way down the page https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/088020-3.html
------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

[This message has been edited by ltlfrari (edited 09-27-2015).]

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And the trim piece around the shifter is loose, the whole center piece seems to not be attached to it. Any help on how to fix?

The trim piece with the shifter boot and ashtray doors was originally attached to the surrounding console. Many have become detached over the years. If it's loose then the screws are loose or missing or the screw holes are stripped. Remove the assembly and you can see how it was attached. Use some glue to tack it down in several spots. It's not necessary to glue it all the way around. Mine is still detached but it doesn't bother me. Usually you can just tighten the four screws (2 under each ashtray) to snug it down. But do not over tighten! Those screw are seated into the plastic console skeleton and the holes can be stripped or even cracked.
painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

The trim piece with the shifter boot and ashtray doors was originally attached to the surrounding console. Many have become detached over the years. If it's loose then the screws are loose or missing or the screw holes are stripped. Remove the assembly and you can see how it was attached. Use some glue to tack it down in several spots. It's not necessary to glue it all the way around. Mine is still detached but it doesn't bother me. Usually you can just tighten the four screws (2 under each ashtray) to snug it down. But do not over tighten! Those screw are seated into the plastic console skeleton and the holes can be stripped or even cracked.

Thank you! The left screws are missing i see now.

painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

painandgain99

375 posts
Member since Jul 2015
Waxing her up

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

All clean.

Cant get the Center to stick under the trim > Any Help?

Also, noticed this tubes wrapping is ripped. Is it a big deal?

What do you guys think of her?

[This message has been edited by painandgain99 (edited 09-27-2015).]

CJB118

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice car for the price! Welcome to the madness. The 'ripped tubing' is the heat shield for the Exhaust gas Recirculation tube, protects it from the heat of the engine and nearby exhaust pipe. Replacement part (tube with shield) is available from Rodney Dickman. I have seen those wheels on other Fieros, they seem to me suited nicely to silver cars, not so much on other colors...Notice the rear bumper corner/lower quarter looks crinkled, might have been in a minor fender bender...?

------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula, Yellow, original. (CJB #118)
1977 Pontiac Le Mans Can-Am W72, original, unrestored.
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP L67/MN7 (Parts Car)

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats. If you need any free advice or opinions (that are worth what you paid for them), the Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts winter meetings start up in November.

Our first meeting this year is going to be a hands on rust prevention and repair meeting. But lots of time to talk about anything and everything Fiero during or after the meeting.

--Jeff
Activity Director
Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Proud owner of an 87' GT. Silver, custom vents, raised wing, racing rims. Im very happy.

Two happiest days in a fiero owner's life - the day you buy it and the day you get rid of it . congrats.
painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CJB118:

Very nice car for the price! Welcome to the madness. The 'ripped tubing' is the heat shield for the Exhaust gas Recirculation tube, protects it from the heat of the engine and nearby exhaust pipe....might have been in a minor fender bender...?

Thank you very much! ill get one as soon as i can. and its faded paint on the edge of the panel, shading makes it look like a dent. He also gave me GT rims, i plan on painting them black, painting her red and slapping them on.
painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

painandgain99

375 posts
Member since Jul 2015
Another thing is when the car is running and its sitting, the car sounds like youre giving it gas, then letting off. Then giving it gas, then letting it off. Etc. Rpms go up and down slightly. Can anyone tell me what this is?
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the shift surround, the trim sits in the recessed area of the surround. Unfortunately, sun, heat, and age have caused the foam in yours to deteriorate, and the surround cover is pulling away from the plastic form inside it. If you use clamps and glue, you can carefully restore the shift surround to its original shape, then glue the trim to the surround. Originally, the trim had little tabs that went through holes in the sorround, and were then plasti-welded in place.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CJB118:

The 'ripped tubing' is the heat shield for the Exhaust gas Recirculation tube, protects it from the heat of the engine and nearby exhaust pipe.

It's the other way around. The EGR tube gets hot. You don't want all that heat being released so close to the ICM.
tom10122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tom10122Send a Private Message to tom10122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Another thing is when the car is running and its sitting, the car sounds like youre giving it gas, then letting off. Then giving it gas, then letting it off. Etc. Rpms go up and down slightly. Can anyone tell me what this is?

Depending on how much the rpms fluctuate, this is normal. The A/C will affect the idle too when it cycles on and off.
painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tom10122:

Depending on how much the rpms fluctuate, this is normal. The A/C will affect the idle too when it cycles on and off.

They hardly fluctuate, less than 500. Ill check tomorrow the exact rpm fluctuation while in idle.

Also can anyone tell me the gear ratio for this car or how to find it?
SPARTAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SPARTANSend a Private Message to SPARTANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What it most likely is, is a performance camshaft:

The Fiero Store Performance Camshaft 260H

I have one of these, gotta love that lope
painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also was suggested to get the do it yourself manual for this year, can anyone help me with that too?

Sorry to bombard with questions. I want to get this car in tip top shape
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I also was suggested to get the do it yourself manual for this year, can anyone help me with that too?

I have the factory manual for my 88. It's a must have! There's a couple for the 87 on ebay right now.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.h...vice+manual&_sacat=0

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 09-28-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drove her for the first time today. Very very fun. It feels really solid, like its a really good car. Very responsive. Only other manual cars ive driven are a mini cooper S, mitsubishi 3000gt and an 84' 2m4 4 speed. This is just as fun as the mini if not even more fun, Pretty easy gear pattern. Not thaaat tight. Stiff clutch pedal. I love it and ive only driven it for 10 minutes>>>> cant imagine how fun itll be all fixed up. Keep in mind its been sitting for 4 years.

Heres some pics of her. Engine, looks alright. id say 7.5-8/10

Frunk

Master cylinder i think ill be replacing soon. When test driving, my father didnt let me drive it. He aid the clutch was awful and he couldnt get it in to first, but he had never driven a fiero before. the gear pattern is so tight, he thought first was neutral. But im good with driving it. Im going to replace this anyways because its not looking so good.

Shes really nice, Far better than anything ive seen since i started looking 7 months ago for only 1500$. Will post more pics soon.

Also, the sleeve under the hood only fits the sun visor, not the sunroof. Is there any that fit the sunroof aswell as the sleeve?

[This message has been edited by painandgain99 (edited 09-28-2015).]

painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

painandgain99

375 posts
Member since Jul 2015
update on the rpm fluctuation while sitting in neutral. when first started, I take my foot of the clutch and the rpms fluctuate between 500-1500 and it usually dies out. Does not have this problem after its been on for awhile, assuming it needs to warm up.is this fluctuation range normal? and once i get it tuned up, all new fluids etc should it not die out on me?
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

update on the rpm fluctuation while sitting in neutral. when first started, I take my foot of the clutch and the rpms fluctuate between 500-1500 and it usually dies out. Does not have this problem after its been on for awhile, assuming it needs to warm up.is this fluctuation range normal? and once i get it tuned up, all new fluids etc should it not die out on me?

Try some throttle body cleaner before you spend any money replacing parts. Probably a lot of residue gummed up in there over the years. Check the IAC too.

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 09-28-2015).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Other factors that can cause idle fluctuation is a vacuum leak in one of the hard plastic lines, or a bad oh-2 sensor, or bad idle air control valve. As suggested, try the cleaning steps first. Then look for vacuum leaks.

The 88 Getrag Gear ratios are:

1--3.50
2--2.05
3--1.38
4--.092
5--.072
R--3.41

Axle ratio is 3.61
Overall ratio is 2.60
painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another question guys. This fiero was considered eust free by the previous owner, and it pretty much is. Besides some surface rust on a few things, shes clean of it. Checks the trunk and all the important spots.

But, when we bought it my dad wanted to trailer it how and it was too low and scraped the trailer. The only thing it scraped were little pieces that seems to be holding on a tub right underneath the door, exhaust or something to do the the radiator ive read. The little pieces hold them on were the only parts ive seen that had bad rust, and they pretty much scraped off. How serious is this?

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like they're the brackets that support the coolant tubes that run to and from the radiator.

http://www.fierostore.com/P...70%20%20%20%20%20SET
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Two happiest days in a fiero owner's life - the day you buy it and the day you get rid of it . congrats.

Those are boat owners...

Fiero owners are usually sad to see it go, because circumstances have forced them to sell after putting in a lot of time and money and selling for a lot less...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Painandgain99
I have an 87gt same color and wheels auto and it is just like u say a real fun car to drive. Especially after you change the bushings on everything. THis is the place to learn and get it fixed. Congratulations!

------------------
FIEROBUG!!!!!!!!!!

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Drove her for the first time today. Very very fun. It feels really solid, like its a really good car. Very responsive. Only other manual cars ive driven are a mini cooper S, mitsubishi 3000gt and an 84' 2m4 4 speed. This is just as fun as the mini if not even more fun, Pretty easy gear pattern. Not thaaat tight. Stiff clutch pedal. I love it and ive only driven it for 10 minutes>>>> cant imagine how fun itll be all fixed up. Keep in mind its been sitting for 4 years.

Heres some pics of her. Engine, looks alright. id say 7.5-8/10

Frunk

Master cylinder i think ill be replacing soon. When test driving, my father didnt let me drive it. He aid the clutch was awful and he couldnt get it in to first, but he had never driven a fiero before. the gear pattern is so tight, he thought first was neutral. But im good with driving it. Im going to replace this anyways because its not looking so good.

Shes really nice, Far better than anything ive seen since i started looking 7 months ago for only 1500$. Will post more pics soon.

Also, the sleeve under the hood only fits the sun visor, not the sunroof. Is there any that fit the sunroof aswell as the sleeve?

Hello you mentioned something about sleeves for the sunroof. Not sure what you are referring to . Take a picture of the whole front compartment and we can tell you what you have. It sounds like the cover over the air componets may be missing. Also the front pads that the sunroof rests on may be missing.

Also when you replace the clutch master unit dont go cheap here. Buy GM or Rodneys parts. I had an 88 with manual and was constantly bleeding the clutch until I installed GM slave unit and I think I did the master also. From then on no more bleeding. Oh I see you have the front tabs for the sunroof to sit on. I looked at your picture again an see you have what you need to put the sunroof in the front compartment. Do you know where it goes? Do you want a pic of the sunroof in the front compartment?

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 09-29-2015).]

painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Oh I see you have the front tabs for the sunroof to sit on. I looked at your picture again an see you have what you need to put the sunroof in the front compartment. Do you know where it goes? Do you want a pic of the sunroof in the front compartment?

Id love a photo please! Im horrified of closing the hood and hearing it shatter.

And the sleeve im referring to isnt in the picture, but there is a sun visor that has a leather bag/sleeve it slides into and rests right on top of the spare tire. Ive seen sleeves that the sunroof fits in aswell i believe but mine doesnt fit in the bag, only the visor. Thank you! Also, Will go with GM i think. Can you link me to one by any chance?
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will go with GM i think. Can you link me to one by any chance?

If you're buying either a clutch master or slave cylinder, I think you'd be making a big mistake not buying them from Rodney Dickman. You have NO idea how much we suffered with the crappy clutch cylinders available for our Fieros before Rodney started having his high quality units made. Check them out HERE.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-29-2015).]

painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

If you're buying either a clutch master or slave cylinder, I think you'd be making a big mistake not buying them from Rodney Dickman. You have NO idea how much we suffered with the crappy clutch cylinders available for our Fieros before Rodney started having his high quality units made. Check them out HERE.

Wow thank you! I will research a bit but i take your word, thatll be the first part i buy for her probably.

Today i wrapped the trim in carbon fiber and fixed the console cap that was all sticking up by super gluing and clamping like someone suggested, looks like brand new. Will post pics tomorrow
painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

painandgain99

375 posts
Member since Jul 2015

Originally posted by fierobug:

Painandgain99
I have an 87gt same color and wheels auto and it is just like u say a real fun car to drive.

Nice nice! Mines a 5 speed.I plan on painting it red and putting the stock black gt rims on eventually i think, but i might just buy another to do that to 😏😏 i dont even wanna put a 3800sc in this one anymore, i love it too much to rip it apsrt
painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone link me to replacing and bleeding fluids, and to replacing the master cylinder please? I cant find anything.

Also i cant find an 87 do it yourself manual anywhere and i heard the haynes are no good
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Also i cant find an 87 do it yourself manual anywhere and i heard the haynes are no good

Haynes is better than nothing at all...
I have Factory, Haynes and Chiltons (I don't like Chiltons...)

Factory manual on CD
http://www.ebay.com/itm/198...em35bdd814ca&vxp=mtr

Bleeding the clutch. I'm sure others will chime in too...
http://calgaryfieros.com/OSGdocs/bleeding.html

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 10-01-2015).]

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
87 Factory service manual here, courtesy of Intel:

https://dl.dropboxuserconte...Service%20Manual.pdf
------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

[This message has been edited by ltlfrari (edited 10-01-2015).]

painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

87 Factory service manual here, courtesy of Intel:

https://dl.dropboxuserconte...Service%20Manual.pdf

Thank you i downloaded one, might try to have a staples print it all out for me!
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you i downloaded one, might try to have a staples print it all out for me!

Just print the pages you need as you need them.
I found that easier than having the complete physical book fall off the fender into oil/water.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock