Plastic colored tube covers by 85fieroguy
Started on: 09-26-2015 05:27 PM
Replies: 4 (201 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 09-27-2015 03:41 PM
85fieroguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fieroguySend a Private Message to 85fieroguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Notice there are spiraled plastic covers tubing in chrome or colors for wire, tubes, ignition, vacuum lines that can be covered for appearance. Wonder if the heat will affect them. Anyone using this for show ??? Reply please.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If its good quality, it will resist normal engine bay heat. Dont get the chrome. I did on one car and it was always flaking off. It would be OK for a trailer queen I guess.
jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They're called wire loom, I replaced most of mine with the black stuff Home Depot sells and it's held up well.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85fieroguy:

Notice there are spiraled plastic covers tubing in chrome or colors for wire, tubes, ignition, vacuum lines that can be covered for appearance. Wonder if the heat will affect them. Anyone using this for show ??? Reply please.

Honestly? Just use black. Unless you really want to call attention to your wiring and vacuum lines. Clean, polish or paint everything else that's metal, get yourself some flashy plug wires and a colorful distributor cap, but keep the wiring and vacuum lines black so they'll blend into the background and not compete with everything else.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jonrev:

They're called wire loom, I replaced most of mine with the black stuff Home Depot sells and it's held up well.

I realize there are no doubt different qualities of this stuff, but I'm surprised to hear the Home Depot loom has held up well. I've read here several times that most any of the aftermarket plastic wire loom can't take the heat nearly as well as the stock OEM stuff (and that it's best to go to the wrecking yard and strip what you need off a another car).

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock