Okay--I talked to Manish on Friday and in short, we were out-bid by a tour group booking 30 rooms at regular price. He can't take any more reservations for the weekend of Oct. 16-18 and only had three for our group.
He has agreed to move us to the following weekend of Oct. 23-25 and can hold a reasonable number of rooms for us for about ten days for our historical and amazing price of $99 for Friday and Saturday nights, Oct. 23 and 24. Your room reservation will count as your registration for the event this year. Let's shoot for 10-12 minimum and the more the merrier! If you had made a reservation for the weekend of Oct. 16-18, please call and move it to the following weekend if you can still come. Tell them you are with the Fiero Coast Run group and be sure to confirm our price. If there is any question or problem, ask to speak to Manish as usual. The no. there is (805) 927-4691. Please make your plans to attend and make your reservation ASAP.
I have agreed to check back in w/him on Friday, Oct. 2, and see how we're doing. If we haven't reserved the majority of our block of rooms by them, we may have to let them go and our event will be in jeopardy. Sorry to hear that Bart and Sue Woolsey and Ed and Sandra Peralez won't be able to join us this time. We'll miss seeing you all this year! If you're coming but staying at one of the other fine locations in or around San Simeon, please let us know that too so we can count you in.