Found on the side of the road, blue GT by GreenPlatypus
Started on: 09-20-2015 01:46 PM
Replies: 17 (688 views)
Last post by: GreenPlatypus on 10-10-2015 10:22 PM
GreenPlatypus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenPlatypusSend a Private Message to GreenPlatypusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Found just resting in a part of town I never go through. Blue 87 GT. Under 100k on the odometer. Rust free. Interior near mint. Automatic. Decent tires. Sunroof doesn't leak. Eelctric trunk release is the only thing that doesn't work. A/C kind of works when it wants. Runs great, purred like a kitten. A couple small oil leaks and cracked quarter windows. Driven 400 miles in the last 5 years. Moved out of the garage a couple weeks ago. Clear coat is gone. But it gets regularly driven around the block, he does not want to give it to his kids as they will tear it up, his words. 1 tire was flat so I didn't drive it. Fortunately it had a for sale sign in the window. We came to a deal, or a steal, when I hit the bank Monday, it will be coming home with me
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Blue GT. Seems like most of the 87 GT's I have seen are the maroon. Good Find.
bkw88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkw88Send a Private Message to bkw88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice find!!!!!! Put it back to original color!!!! The factory blue is great!!!
Brian
GreenPlatypus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenPlatypusSend a Private Message to GreenPlatypusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the blue, will stay that way, might refinish the wheels to gloss black centers. Had a Trans Am in that color combination. I saw the tail lights from half a mile away. I was super excited to just see a Fiero. Let alone one for sale.
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome find. Congrats (if that's not premature). I hope you take your time and bring it back properly. Paint is expensive, but is also the single biggest thing that people notice.

And, as everyone knows, blue is the fastest Fiero color

[This message has been edited by lorennerol (edited 09-20-2015).]

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GreenPlatypus:

Found just resting in a part of town I never go through. Blue 87 GT.... it will be coming home with me

Welcome to the Blue club !

Originally posted by lorennerol:

And, as everyone know, blue is the fastest Fiero color

lol
pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love 87 blue... I've tried at many car shows to take pictures but they never seem to come out the same color as they look in person.

Hopefully someday when mine needs a paint job I can find somebody capable of painting it that color and making it look stock.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pHoOl:

I love 87 blue... I've tried at many car shows to take pictures but they never seem to come out the same color as they look in person......

I've had the same problem taking photo's and catching the correct color. In video it works better. https://youtu.be/g0zrXOWfKvg
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blue can be so beautiful!

GreenPlatypus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenPlatypusSend a Private Message to GreenPlatypusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally picked it up last night. Had to go to Chicago last week. Pulled about 5 gallons of leaves and seeds and random other vegetation out. Will get some good pictures once I get it all cleaned up. Paint on top is pretty bad, but shiny blue below the belt line. Runs and drives like it should. Engine fires up on first tick. Needs bushings and some other little things befor eit is a reliable driver. Off to Rodney's for head light rebuild kits...
PFF
System Bot
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you haven't already done so, check front suspension for worn tie rods, ball joints and play in the steering rack which is usually caused by a worn white plastic bushing.
Kit
GreenPlatypus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenPlatypusSend a Private Message to GreenPlatypusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On my to do list. First is to finish cleaning it. Kind of afraid of what lurks in the heater box. Leaves and crap everywhere. Then a good look over and make my list and start to wittle it down.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2015 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, nice find!
GreenPlatypus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2015 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenPlatypusSend a Private Message to GreenPlatypusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cleaned up a bit. Bra needs to go asap. Maybe tomorrow if I have time.

Hood, roof, deck lid, and spoiler are trashed. Nasty black grime baked into the paint Will need a respray eventually. Trying to straighten the sag in the spoiler at the moment.
Was fixing the headlight issue, motor did not stay up and when it did it had a lot of play in it, and ran into a small snag. NEVER seen this on this style of motor, from the hundred or so I have rebuilt. But Rodney had them, so it must be more common.

Oh yeah, do not use whatever wheel bearing grease this person used, it eats the gears. The gear was pretty soft, I left finger prints in it.

Now on to the oil leaks, unless I decide to ditch the 2.8... but it runs sooo good. The internal argument has begun.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2015 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car looks good.
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2015 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JEALOUSNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIGH

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
CNC Machining and prototyping
Maryville, Tennessee
A&N Precision Machine on Facebook!

GreenPlatypus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2015 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenPlatypusSend a Private Message to GreenPlatypusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Car looks good.

It is still wet, looks a bit more depressing once dry. Did not want to run it through the "125 mph" blow dryer in the car wash at work. It is known for tearing off hoods, fenders, and roofs on Smart cars. Hell it ripped off the fender trim of my old Mini Cooper and permanently creased and dented the roof of my current Mini I shudder to see what it would do to a 30 year old Fiero and its plastics.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock