Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  NIFE Noteboke or Spotter's Guide worth buying???

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
NIFE Noteboke or Spotter's Guide worth buying??? by Fiero Vice
Started on: 09-20-2015 01:40 AM
Replies: 2 (302 views)
Last post by: Fiero Vice on 09-20-2015 04:44 PM
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-20-2015 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys,

Shortly after I purchased my Fiero, I came across NIFE guide & Spotter's guide and was wondering if it’s worth buying those.

I contacted the author of Spotter's guide about buying one for $5. He said he already sold the rest of it to some guy who jacked up the price to $16.90 (including shipping) on eBay.

NIFE, version 3 in 2013, is for sale thru Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts' website for $17.75 (including shipping).

I just purchased Fiero Shop manual and Haynes & Chilton Fiero manuals. Is it worth buying Spotter’s or NIFE or both?

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 09-20-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JJFieroFan

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Nife enthusiasts guide is more comprehensive than the small spotters guide that was out In the 1990s. The Fiero Enthusiasts guide from NIFE is awesome and I highly recommend it. If you are not interested in production figures and all sorts of info about the original production of the Fiero, then maybe it isn't for you. It has nothing to do with maintenance and repair save that it has numbers for light bulbs and the like. Again, I highly recommend it! I learned a lot and having bought a brand new one in 1985, I mistakenly thought I knew everything!
------------------
JJFieroFan
85 2m6 (85-91) should have kept it
85 2m6 (CLONE) (00-14) sold to a friend
87 Fiero GT (13-now)
07 Nissan Murano SL AWD (07-now)
15 Nissan Juke S AWD (15-now)

[This message has been edited by JJFieroFan (edited 09-20-2015).]

Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-20-2015 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JJFieroFan:

The Nife enthusiasts guide is more comprehensive than the small spotters guide that was out In the 1990s. The Fiero Enthusiasts guide from NIFE is awesome and I highly recommend it. If you are not interested in production figures and all sorts of info about the original production of the Fiero, then maybe it isn't for you. It has nothing to do with maintenance and repair save that it has numbers for light bulbs and the like. Again, I highly recommend it! I learned a lot and having bought a brand new one in 1985, I mistakenly thought I knew everything!

Thanks for your feedback, JJFieroFan.

I'm always interested in learning everything about the history of Fiero. Guess I will go ahead & buy the NIFE since they updated it to 2013 version. The author of the Spotter's guide mentioned he might write third version of spotters guide in the future, but not sure if he has the time. I hope he does.

I'm very interested in learning more about prototype cars from 60's, one called X-4 where many believed was the earlier version of Fiero. It’s interesting how they created the word "Fiero" from Fire & Aero, but refused to be honest to the public even today. GM is still hiding the whole history of how Fiero was created. I hope we get the full story while we’re still alive.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 09-20-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock