Finally a proud owner of 87 GT FB by FlipAnt
Started on: 09-14-2015 05:14 PM
Replies: 11 (238 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 09-15-2015 10:43 AM
FlipAnt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlipAntSend a Private Message to FlipAntEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi y'all. My name is Joe from Spartanburg SC. New to this forum and I'm hoping to learn alot from the knowledgable folks here. I've finally purchased an 87 Fiero GT Fastback after many many years of dreaming of owning one. A high school buddy of mine bought a notchback, brand new, back in '84 and ever since I saw his, I've wanted one. And now I can finally say I do. Mine is all stock with the 2.8L w/88K miles. Has all the bells and whistles that came with that model year. I just had all the body work done and a fresh coat of black gloss paint put on her. New 17" BF Goodrich G-force Sport tires and after market rims. She turns alot of heads around town.
I want to thank Cliff for accepting me into his HUGE family of proud fiero owners.
Thank you :-)

P.S. Wish I could post a picture of her but, I'm not quite sure how to that...yet.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
welcome to the forum. so much good information on here be it stock or modified.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT fastback SC3800 3.4 pulley, LS1 TB
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with "big boy" 5.9 motor
1983 Honda Goldwing interstate
1985 Honda V65 Magna

fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome Aboard!

My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the madness !!

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FlipAnt:

Wish I could post a picture of her but, I'm not quite sure how to that...yet.

If you wish for your images to stick around... use PIP

And welcome!
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! I'm no longer the newest owner around here! I bought my 87 GT FB one week ago and have already started the restoration. I've spent WAY too many hours on this forum learning more than I ever knew could be known about these cars. One thing I have found is that it is a VERY tight community. I've had several instances where I see something posted on the Fiero group on Facebook, and then figure out that it's the same guy who is posting here. I just realized that I bought a set of tail lights from a longtime member, even though I turned up his website via a Google search. It's a small world!
FlipAnt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlipAntSend a Private Message to FlipAntEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks y'all for the welcomes and also thank you for letting me know about PiP too. I'll check it out tomorrow and hopefully I'll have a couple pictures up on here of my pride and joy for y'all to see. :-)
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

If you wish for your images to stick around... use PIP

And welcome!

Sorry-- slight thread hijack--

I can't view probably 70% of the images posted here, and I think they're all the PIP images. I tried downloading PIP, but sill can't see the images. What am I doing wrong?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:

I tried downloading PIP, but sill can't see the images. What am I doing wrong?

Having PIP installed on your computer is definitely not required to view the images.

Find out if it's a firewall issue. Get the URL of a PIP hosted image (or any image) you can't see and go directly to it's hosting site. Can you see it now?

Here, I'll make it even easier. Can you see the following PIP hosted image?

If not, go HERE.

Now can you see it?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-15-2015).]

FlipAnt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlipAntSend a Private Message to FlipAntEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can see it... at least I think I do. I'll never look at my neighbors cows the same way again.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Having PIP installed on your computer is definitely not required to view the images.

Find out if it's a firewall issue. Get the URL of a PIP hosted image (or any image) you can't see and go directly to it's hosting site. Can you see it now?

Here, I'll make it even easier. Can you see the following PIP hosted image?

If not, go HERE.

Now can you see it?

No, can't see it embeded in the post, nor can I see it if I open the link directly. I use Chrome as my primary browser, but tried to copy/paste the link into MS Edge and got the same result. I'm not running anything beyond standard Win10 firewall/AV protection, and have already tried disabling adblock on this page.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:

...have already tried disabling adblock on this page.

I run Adblock Plus as well, so it's not that.

I dunno, might be the Win10 firewall/AV protection or your server.

It's unusual that someone can't access any posted PIP images.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-15-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock