Where can you get a 3800sc TB Flow Screen by don297
Started on: 09-12-2015 04:09 PM
Replies: 4 (159 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 09-13-2015 09:18 AM
don297

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for don297Send a Private Message to don297Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Realized my 3800sc may not be idling right because it doesn't have a flow screen. It is the older style TB so the MAF needs the screen to read airflow better. Anyone know where I can get just the screen? Or if anyone has one I can buy it off them.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check local pic a part lots? The 3800 was used in so many different GM vehicles I would think you could find one there.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 09-12-2015).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Check local pic a part lots? The 3800 was used in so many different GM vehicles I would think you could find one there.

That's about it but rather than fool with repairing it, I would just replace it. Removing the MAF screen is a very bad modification as it throws the MAF readings out of wack and exposes the wire element to possible damage. If you are looking for a higher flow rate use the early LS1 MAF , import the MAF table into the PCM and tweak the tune.
------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 09-12-2015).]

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 3800na in a 98 grand prix that I removed the honeycomb screen from with no ill effects. Got the car with 103k on it 5 years ago and it now has 266k and running strong. That's just my experience with it though.....

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROPHREK:

I have a 3800na in a 98 grand prix that I removed the honeycomb screen from with no ill effects. Got the car with 103k on it 5 years ago and it now has 266k and running strong. That's just my experience with it though.....

The MAF is calibrated to work with the screen. Removing it alters the flow pattern and should at the very minimum alter the Air/Fuel mixture somewhat. The engine will run but I have read of fueling changes in the tune resulting from that configuration. The MAF is also calibrated to work with the intake configuration and we usually change that when we do the swap so perhaps both changes neutralized each other. Have you scanned to check the LTFT's or have re-tuned?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock