Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Hold that date! Oct 16-18. 13th Annual California Coast Run is in the planning stages

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hold that date! Oct 16-18. 13th Annual California Coast Run is in the planning stages by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 09-11-2015 03:41 PM
Replies: 6 (261 views)
Last post by: gldkarma on 09-20-2015 11:43 PM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2015 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This post has been edited to correct the revised dates for this event.

The new dates are one week later... Oct. 23, 24, 25.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details for the 13th Annual California Coast Run are in the planning stages. Mark the date for this fun event!

The 13th annual California Coast Run is being scheduled for October 16, 17 and 18th. This event is being coordinated by the Golden Gate Fiero Club. A formal announcement is in the works and I am trying to drum up some local interest . So if you are a Fiero owner, or just a Fiero fan, start making plans to attend this event now. Time is getting short.

I participated in this event last year driving my red 1988 GT. We generally try to caravan down, joining up with local participants along the way, and arrive in San Simeon Friday afternoon or evening. Arrangements are being made for a block of rooms to be held for us at the Courtesy Inn.

In the past there has been a raffle benefitting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital with nice prize donations from various Fiero retailers, but the highlight is the Saturday Highway 1 Coast Run. Last year we got all the cars lined up at the motel in the morning and caravanned up to Carmel on the beautiful coast highway. A string of Fieros always seems to get some attention! There is usually a stop or two on the way where we can get some pictures of our cars and new friends in some of the great scenic sites along the coast. Last year we stopped in Carmel for a nice lunch which is a great chance to meet and chat with other Fiero folks. After that some people choose to do some site seeing in the Carmel / Monterey area before making their way back to the motel. We will probably regroup for dinner in a nice restaurant before heading over to the Karaoke bar next door to the motel. We usually head home Sunday morning so that would be a great opportunity for you to plan a side trip to tour the nearby Hearst Castle. Something you shouldn't miss if you are in the area.

There is no charge to participate in this event but you will need to make your own motel reservations. There is no minimum participation on your part. Show up for a day or the weekend. Naturally all expenses, motel charges, meals, drinks etc. are your responsibility.

At some point soon the organizers will need to know how many people are planning to attend so please respond to me here and I will either convey that info to the club and/or put you in touch with them.

This event is still in the planning stages so it may not be exactly as I described here, but it's sure to be a fun way to meet other Fiero fanatics, compare cars, get some new ideas and talk some tech. Some of these folks really know their stuff so it's your chance to get some friendly pointers.

Here is a link to a craigslist ad I posted recently. No new information there but I did put up a few pics of last years event.

http://sacramento.craigslis.../eve/5216109580.html
------------------
John Wayne as John Bernard Books in The Shootist...
" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

My rides...
1988 GT with a 3.4L V6 automatic
2006 Harley Sportster
'cause I love the twisties on two wheels or four.

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 09-21-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gldkarma

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2015 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just talked to Manish and made a reservation, so they have rooms available for us. This is always a great event and good opportunity to get together! (See complimentary thread in the 'Event' section.)

JC
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump to the top of the list to gather response this week--please respond if you can join us Oct. 16-18 for this special event so we can continue to make plans. Would look forward to seeing you all if you can make it!

JC
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back to the top for this scenic drive! Can't beat the twisties on this 2 1/2 hour run up the beautiful California coast.
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can't beat 2 nights on the CA Coast for $99 either!

JC
yakdude01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2015 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yakdude01Click Here to visit yakdude01's HomePageSend a Private Message to yakdude01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm working on making it!

Posted event info on the Chrysler Sebring Club site as well to see if we can get some more to join up.

------------------
- Kevin

Stone White 2001 Limited w/Cream leather interior 102k mi
Bright Silver Metallic 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan 49k mi <--- Now the Daily Driver!
Opal Opalescent 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 84k mi

"I have to admit, I love driving it. It is so choice."
"If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up." - Ferris Bueller

gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm going to start a new thread here about the Coast Run since we have to change the date to get rooms at the Courtesy Inn. This is a really regretable situation, but it can't be helped. I'll explain in the new thread.

JC

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock