Thompson Garage, Philladelphia Mississippi by Napoleon_Tanerite
Started on: 09-11-2015 10:37 AM
Replies: 5 (287 views)
Last post by: Napoleon_Tanerite on 09-21-2015 04:22 PM
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2015 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone ever heard of these guys? I ran into a guy when I was looking at a Fiero last week and he said the owner of Thompson Garage is a big time Fiero collector and has "tons" of them, to inlcude new, unsold ones in shipping containers. A bit of Googling turned up that they don't seem to have any sort of website, but I did find a business address for them. Looking at the satellite view it wasn't exactly on it, but was close to a junk yard. Street view of the junk yard does indeed show their perimeter fence lined with a lot of Fieros. I tried calling down there but always seem to miss the owner. Aside from "yeah, we've got a bunch of Fieros" the employee that answered the phone wasn't much help.

So I'm wondering if anyone has had any interaction with this guy? It's about a 1.5 hour drive from my house, but it would be worth it if he had some of the parts I need (GT tails, sail windows, rocker panels, etc).
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2015 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First I heard of this... but if he is a collector, parts won't be cheap. I knew of a junkyard that had a TON of Fiero parts, but most of them sat there and sun-rotted/crush (body panels) as his prices were WAY high. Sad as people were willing to buy, but not at dealer prices (or higher).
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2015 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just spoke to the owner. He said he has about 40 Fieros, but either he is WAY downplaying his stock, or it is far less remarkable than I was led to believe. He said he has few, if any, fastback specific parts available. I'll head down there next week or so and see what I can get, but the phone call was far less encouraging than I had hoped.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2015 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:

I just spoke to the owner. He said he has about 40 Fieros, but either he is WAY downplaying his stock, or it is far less remarkable than I was led to believe. He said he has few, if any, fastback specific parts available. I'll head down there next week or so and see what I can get, but the phone call was far less encouraging than I had hoped.

Probably all outside, trees growing through them
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take Pictures
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Major disappoint. I just drove the 1hr and 45 to get there and it was a total bust. He had a bunch of Fieros, but they were all notchies, and all in junkyard shape. Most had extensive plant life, all were sun rotted, and there really wasn't much of anything salvageable left. The only fastback he had was a nice 88 GT, but it was his personal car. The owner was very friendly, but it wasn't Fiero Factory South like I was hoping.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock