Built like a Fiero by notwohorns
Started on: 09-10-2015 01:32 PM
Replies: 8 (597 views)
Last post by: 90turbo1 on 09-21-2015 11:13 AM
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2015 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just saw "Wheeler Dealers" on the TV. They had a BMW Z1. It was built very similar the a Fiero. All the panels bolt on. In fact, they did a panel off paint job. The frame looked like a Fiero frame except this was a roadster. I have never heard of this car. But I thought in was interesting

[This message has been edited by notwohorns (edited 09-10-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2015 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Z1 was only made from 1989 to 1991, and they only made 8000 of them. The doors "opened" by dropping down into the door sill.

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2015 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by notwohorns:

I just saw "Wheeler Dealers" on the TV. They had a BMW Z1. It was built very similar the a Fiero. All the panels bolt on. In fact, they did a panel off paint job. The frame looked like a Fiero frame except this was a roadster. I have never heard of this car. But I thought in was interesting

The fascias for those cars were made right there in Nashville, IL. Nascote Industries.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good to hear from you Paul (R Runner). How you doing?
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw that episode myself and thought=" Well I'll be!" Great Minds may think alike even when it comes to big car companies.
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bjc 350:

Saw that episode myself and thought=" Well I'll be!" Great Minds may think alike even when it comes to big car companies.

When Fiero does it, people think "what a crappy idea...".
When BMW does it, it's "ohhh... now that's a unique idea."

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-15-2015 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More like a Corvette than a Fiero.
90turbo1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 90turbo1Send a Private Message to 90turbo1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah fiero like? kinda like saying a delorean was fiero like. the body panels bolted on a delorean also so is that fiero like, or did the fiero copy the delorean.... ha ha ha just joking.

the bmw was aluminum, shared the suspension design of a E30 bmw and was a test mule for the upcomming z3.

it as far as I can remember, was not available in USA. due to crash restraints. they can be picked up cheap in germany.

I would say the fiero shares more with the pontiac transport.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock