'88 Fiero w/ 3800 SC in Grand Rapids MI by batousai666
Started on: 09-08-2015 03:42 PM
Replies: 9 (414 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 09-10-2015 09:51 PM
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2015 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whole lotta car for a whole lotta money
thought i'd post this here for a discussion on what is a "fair and reasonable" retail for a well thought out swap vs what a stock pristine Fiero was/is worth not modded or a light mod and some cosmetic add on.....and such
http://www.grautogallery.co...3/1988-Pontiac-Fiero

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 09-08-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2015 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clean-looking car. Obviously Sellers are at liberty to ask whatever price they want. It only has to be worth that price to one person.

I don't think I'd pay that for that car, but I would love to see a nice Fiero go for that price- we all seem to complain about them not being desired collectibles, but then tend to complain when people ask higher prices for them. Can't have it both ways.
pcgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2015 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For that much $ I would expect a steering wheel that isn't pooched.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2015 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spotted other things also. Hmm it looks like the exhaust is smaller than what I have. Fits better. Must be about 2-1/4"

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 09-08-2015).]

lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2015 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just outside my neighborhood there is a consignment dealership that usually has a lot full of classic cars during the summer months. This year there has not been a very good selection of desirable classics. But about three weeks ago a 1986 Fiero GT appeared on the lot. It's gold over silver and I have not walked over to check it out, but driving by the price tag dangling from the rear view mirror lists the price at $15,995. For that kind of money it better be showroom new with less than 10,000 miles, or have a good engine swap that was professionally installed (Archie).
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2015 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not impressed with the "mess" of wiring and lines and such. The conversion that was done by PO on my car is better looking. I dont care for the Ford Blue paint and some other items but sure seems cleaner than this way over priced car.

Here is an install by 2 Seat Garage,

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 09-09-2015).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2015 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lorennerol:

Clean-looking car. Obviously Sellers are at liberty to ask whatever price they want. It only has to be worth that price to one person.

I don't think I'd pay that for that car, but I would love to see a nice Fiero go for that price- we all seem to complain about them not being desired collectibles, but then tend to complain when people ask higher prices for them. Can't have it both ways.

the cheaper the better I say!! gives me more room to play with Horsepower mods.
I got 2 screaming deals. 1st on a sweet 1987 Mera. 2nd a 3800 SC swapped 87 (blue) SE. then, I had them merged.
but still, even all said, delivered from Florida and under this '88's stated price.
I have no room to boast here cuz I broke the current swap and some think I need a Series III anyway. I agree wholeheartedly
even have $1,100 on this '88 already to be even. that should cover the labor, eh??
now i just wish I could find a low mile 3800 SC Series III, tho.

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 09-10-2015).]

I FAR I

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2015 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

the cheaper the better I say!! gives me more room to play with Horsepower mods.
I got 2 screaming deals. 1st on a sweet 1987 Mera. 2nd a 3800 SC swapped 87 (blue) SE. then, I had them merged.
but still, even all said, delivered from Florida and under this '88's stated price.
I have no room to boast here cuz I broke the current swap and some think I need a Series III anyway. I agree wholeheartedly
even have $1,100 on this '88 already to be even. that should cover the labor, eh??
now i just wish I could find a low mile 3800 SC Series III, tho.

I really like the look and the price of that 3800 SC '88......This is the new price direction of Classic analog sports cars.

How did you break your motor Dan?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by I FAR I (edited 09-10-2015).]

Fiero Tom

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2015 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That kind of money and this steering wheel ????

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2015 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Tom:

That kind of money and this steering wheel ????

Makes one wonder... What else is not up to the price?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock