Started on: 09-03-2015 10:51 PM
Replies: 32 (727 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 09-05-2015 11:08 AM
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2015 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes.....it's in Colorado so he might just be smoking something funny, but wow! This is one of the worst looking Fieros I have seen in a long time, but he thinks very highly of it. What do you guys think?

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5191497945.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2015 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Ran when abandoned."
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2015 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't bother even considering that car for parts. If he wants that kind of money, it will take him a while to get back down to reality. It's best to just move along to something else..
Kit
P.S. Why does he call it a barn find when it's been sitting outside for 5 years? It ought to be called an "outdoors, left for dead in the elements" find.

[This message has been edited by Kitskaboodle (edited 09-03-2015).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2015 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well you know, the engine compartment of my Formula didn't look much different from that when I rescued it from a Washington State forest... but the owner gave it to me! Took a lot of work to get it where it is today.

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2015 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew stuff like this was gonna happen when they legalized marijuana

Here is a nice CLEAN looking 88, ready to drive for almost $1000 less! ! ! !

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 09-03-2015).]

Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2015 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where is the barn? It looks like it has been sitting in that field for ages ...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2015 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Elsewhere in Craigslist, the same guy has this nice boat for sale...

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

Where is the barn? It looks like it has been sitting in that field for ages ...

Probably rotted away years ago. LOL

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

my barn your find.

Uh huh. Right.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would take that car for free.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its a parts car, worth 'maybe' $350. A barn find is a car hidden away 40+ years , not 5. Its just a broke down junker. For a starter, its even got 160,000 miles.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 09-04-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He's still trying to get what he was asking before he parked it.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

Horse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HorseSend a Private Message to HorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It could be yours for the low asking price of $3,500

Keep in mind, his is a RARE 88 GT, and is 95% complete, and owned by only one family!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 09-04-2015).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are some people on this forum who COULD get that Fiero back on the road. Notice they're not jumping on this ”opportunity”.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

It could be yours for the low asking price of $3,500
Keep in mind, his is a RARE 88 GT, and is 95% complete, and owned by only one family!

What a joke. The most expensive/hardest parts to replace with genuine parts are missing - the tail lights and sail panels.

Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If that thing sells for that price I'm bumping my car to 25k
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris Hodson:

If that thing sells for that price I'm bumping my car to 25k

But... but... this Fiero comes with a passenger compartment full of valuable parts!

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In comparison this is on the eastern nc (Greenville) Craigslist looks very nice. Is it anyone on here?

http://eastnc.craigslist.org/cto/5203785344.html

If I had the $ and the wife would not kill me, I'd be there for this one...

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

What a joke. The most expensive/hardest parts to replace with genuine parts are missing - the tail lights and sail panels.

I was thinking the same thing.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

That's obviously not counting the 27 generation of mice that have made their homes in it since it was parked up.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

In comparison this is on the eastern nc (Greenville) Craigslist looks very nice.

Yes, that is a nice Fiero... but I can never understand why so many people manage to get their finger in the picture.

Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew I saw that Barn Find ad somewhere recently...

That's a long way from Denver.

http://losangeles.craigslis.../cto/5192993780.html
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

I knew I saw that Barn Find ad somewhere recently...

That's a long way from Denver.

http://losangeles.craigslis.../cto/5192993780.html

Interesting. Even though it's on the Denver Craigslist, the car is listed as being in Canon City, which is 100+ miles south (closer to Colo. Springs than Denver). That said, I wonder of he listed it elsewhere to get more interest. The ad I posted shows an address and even its location on a map.....the ad from L.A. doesn't. Very curious.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think he did the finger intentionally to hide the plate.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I think he did the finger intentionally to hide the plate.

Roger, I know that ... but I still don't understand the point of it.
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Elsewhere in Craigslist, the same guy has this nice boat for sale...

Been sitting five years and floated when moored!

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FTF Engineering:

Been sitting five years and floated when moored!

...and all original hull planks!

zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey your from Colorado as well

I actually messaged this guy and told him his price was way to high, and everything else wrong. He messaged back saying

"I say in the ad call and make an offer.

I dont really rely on luck I just put the ads out there and people buy them"

So obviously, this guy is a P.O.S. as well.

BTW to everyone else: Fiero prices in Colorado are higher than most, and that can be seen as a good thing. You can expect to see Fiero prices start to appreciate in value in the next 5 years. With the 80's mustangs going up in price, and with Pontiac being out of business.

Our little bundles of joy will soon get a great payoff (tho I plan to keep mine and collect more for the rest of their existence.)

------------------
Every fiero has a story, It's our job to keep that story alive.

[This message has been edited by zzzhuh (edited 09-04-2015).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:

I actually messaged this guy and told him his price was way to high, and everything else wrong. He messaged back saying

"I say in the ad call and make an offer.

I dont really rely on luck I just put the ads out there and people buy them"

So obviously, this guy is a P.O.S. as well.

I also messaged him, and said he needed to do a little research, as the price was way too high for what he had, and sent links to a few other 88's that were cheaper and in excellent condition.

This was his reply:

"You must be an expert WOW! I really don’t know what I have , thanks so much for your expert sight unseen opinion, "

I LOVE the "Expert unseen opinion" part, Trust me I think we all have seen more than we need to from those photo's LOL! ! ! !

What a tool......

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 09-04-2015).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2015 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reality is that the market for Fieros is flooded at the present time. You can buy good ones at great prices. Outside of the hobbyist group here, the car has little demand. Mention Fieros to most car collectors and they say yuuuucch! The myth is that this car is a fire hazard and dangerous to drive. The bottom line is that most collectors don't want them and the new generation not only knows nothing about them; if it can't be fixed with an iPhone, its of no use to them.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2015 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking maybe $350 on a lucky day.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2015 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I was thinking maybe $350 on a lucky day.

Someone in the area should go look at it, laugh in his face at what he's asking and do that.
At least can't use the "unseen" excuse and may be more civilized in response to others afterwards.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 09-05-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock