Body Parts by Imnuts
Started on: 08-27-2015 11:06 AM
Replies: 11 (468 views)
Last post by: notwohorns on 01-29-2016 07:46 PM
Imnuts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is an 85 GT's hood, rear deck lid, and front bumper exactly the same as an 88 GT's? Someone local has them for sale and I am wanting to modify the hood and deck lid with scoops and make a Skitime front spoiler to install on my 88. I almost sure they are just double checking before I go pick them up.

------------------
∇PONTIAC∇
“The difference between a Fiero owner
and genius is that genius has its limits.”

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-27-2015 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No. The 88 GT is a fastback, and the 85 GT is a notchback. So the deck lids are not interchangeable.

The 88 GT has rounded molding, while the 85 GT does not. So the front bumper will fit, but the molding won't match up. Unless the upper section of the front bumper is damaged beyond repair (has major cracks/holes), I'd suggest instead finding one that is damaged to cut the bottom off of for a lip spoiler.

All Fiero hoods are the same.
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hood is the same. Front bumper ends of the side moulding on the 88 are round the 85 has ribbed moulding I think the 85 are removable but the 88 are not? rear deck lid is different. The 85 GT is basicly the 84 Indy or 86 SE body.
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

The 88 GT has rounded molding, while the 85 GT does not. So the front bumper will fit, but the molding won't match up.
All Fiero hoods are the same.

Thanks that helps. So I can cutoff the top half of the 85s bumper to use the lower part as a lip spoiler on the 88 like Skytimes but won't quite match up? I will have to look at some pictures on the part of the molding on the two bumpers being different not sure what you mean. I hate to chop a good bumper and the pics I've seen it looks good but he only wants $50 for it. I am not sure were I would pickup one that was damaged only on the top half.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-27-2015 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Imnuts:

Thanks that helps. So I can cutoff the top half of the 85s bumper to use the lower part as a lip spoiler on the 88 like Skytimes but won't quite match up? I will have to look at some pictures on the part of the molding on the two bumpers being different not sure what you mean. I hate to chop a good bumper and the pics I've seen it looks good but he only wants $50 for it. I am not sure were I would pickup one that was damaged only on the top half.

The bottom part will match up fine. The molding is at the top where the side marker lights are. It's the part that doesn't match.

I don't know what condition it's in. $50 is pretty cheap if it's good. If the top has gotten really saggy though, then maybe it's not as good as the paint on it. If there are any junk yards with Fieros near you, one might have a damaged aero bumper. If someone backs into a Fiero or a low speed frontal collision occurs, the top section of the bumper can be damaged, but the bottom can be left relatively fine, depending on what was hit.
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info.
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2015 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found a bumper in poor shape to use, bottom part is not to bad. Also picked a hood to mod when time permits. I kind of like the chin spoiler in black instead of painting it to match car, it accents the black trim on the car. More FUN, FUN, FUN, or as my wife puts it idiot!

Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2015 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little more progress on the chin spoiler. Its now cut to shape and with a little more sanding and patching it will be soon ready for paint.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2015 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those reversed spoilers look good IMO.
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2016 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finished!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2016 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks nice.
PFF
System Bot
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2016 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great. I want to do the same

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock