Another Fiero on the road again! by Glen87
Started on: 08-26-2015 10:14 PM
Replies: 6 (218 views)
Last post by: Glen87 on 08-27-2015 03:00 PM
Glen87

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2015 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Glen87Send a Private Message to Glen87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As the title says I've managed to put another Fiero back on the road. Its an 85 GT that blew an engine shortly after I traded for it almost a year and a half ago. I spent the last 10 months slowly swapping in a 3.4 Camaro engine, and while I was at it I figured why not swap in the spare Isuzu 5 speed I had laying around. As of today I finally got it timed right and WOW what a difference some proper timing makes. It went from feeling like a 90hp engine to the proper 160hp mark.

So far I'm loving the Isuzu trans. It's great on the highway and shifts sooo smoothly. I'm hoping for 30ish mpg out of it, but we will have to wait and see after I get a few tanks run through it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2015 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2015 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations. It's nice to hear a happy ending.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Glen87:
I'm hoping for 30ish mpg out of it, but we will have to wait and see after I get a few tanks run through it.

That's about what I get with my 3.4L Isuzu 5 speed. May I ask how you routed the shifter cables? 4th gear seems to come & go, & the throttle rubs & cuts the rubber on the linkage. I need another option.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

no2pencil

1523 posts
Member since Oct 2009
oh, & nice work! Congratulations.
Glen87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Glen87Send a Private Message to Glen87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys

And as far as the shifter cables go I left them the way they are supposed to be and rotated the intake tube. However, I'm not sure if this is a permanent solution as the air filter box isn't sitting in there level. It's tipped off to one side a bit.
Glen87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Glen87Send a Private Message to Glen87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Glen87

104 posts
Member since Jan 2013
Here is what my shift cables look like.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock