Pulled the motor today by Detainabull
Started on: 08-24-2015 09:40 PM
Replies: 6 (262 views)
Last post by: Detainabull on 08-25-2015 02:35 PM
Detainabull

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I finally got around to pulling the motor. In between work and family time I had been prepping the pull and getting everything freed up. Took a couple days vacation to extend my weekend and went to it. As you can see I did this outside in the yard. Fairly flat land but have concrete blocks for support pads and a sheet of 3/4in plywood to keep the cradle on. All is covered with a big tarp to keep out of the rain. I have no garage and a gravel driveway so this build may be a little harder than what most ppl are accustomed to but hey, I'll get it done one way or another. Motor is a 2.5 iron Duke and isuzu trans. Will possibly sell parts off of this setup. Just let me know what you guys are interested in and I'll see what we can work out.

I will be swapping in a getrag 5 speed and a 3800sc in its place. Finally excited to be making some progress on the car as it has been sitting a majority of the year.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with your project.
One of my favorite Fieros was a gold 87 coupe. Long time ago...

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you put a decent dent in getting your swap done. Keep at it and let us know how you like the SC when your done .
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always hate to see anyone using concrete as a support, especially on uneven ground as it can easily crack. I think thick blocks of wood are far better for that.
I've only ever pulled an engine 'outside' like that once, never again, it was hell so kudos to you for making it work.
Good luck with the swap.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

[This message has been edited by ltlfrari (edited 08-25-2015).]

Detainabull

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ik its hell already...I thought about just pouring a slab to keep the car on before I started this project but after diving into it its a little late for it now. I think the concrete will hold for now since it is just the empty back end. I do have doubled up 2x12s as well for when the motor was in it. This build will be slow but I plan on doing a majority myself and really learning this car in the process. Will keep you posted with plenty of pictures.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well if you need anything, I'm just down the road!

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Detainabull

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

Well if you need anything, I'm just down the road!

Im sure I can use some extra hands when the swap really gets going. Thanks for the offer!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock