Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Body panel stickers: to keep or to remove?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Body panel stickers: to keep or to remove? by Quad Raider
Started on: 08-16-2015 05:02 PM
Replies: 3 (494 views)
Last post by: Quad Raider on 08-16-2015 10:44 PM
Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car is an '87 coupe with zero options. I'm going to use this decklid from an '88 because it has a wing. I don't NEED any of these stickers because I'm ditching the Iron Duke in favor of my Quad.

Just wondering what everyone else does when painting a body panel that didn't come with the car. Do you try to preserve them, just sand them off or otherwise remove them, or what?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I left mine on the panels.....It provides a little more information that may be useful in the future....
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I removed them from my cars.. I sanded them off, and the rest of the panel to prep for paint.
Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I managed to scrape them off intact so I stuck them to the inside of the notebook I'm using to document what I've done to the car.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock