Fieros at Mill Hollow, Vermilian Ohio by Jason88Notchie
Started on: 08-10-2015 05:00 PM
Replies: 16 (364 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 08-12-2015 10:08 PM
Jason88Notchie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2015 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Huge car show in Mill Hollow Sunday. I can't believe how large this show actually is. I didn't take mine, didn't feel like cleaning up the car. My Formula is my DD during the summer. But there were three there. Not sure who the Indy Fiero was. I finally recognized the yellow one. I met the guy last year. I posted previously if he was on this forum in another thread. I talked to the guy with the blue one. Nice guy. Figured I'd share a few pics.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wd8ivl

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2015 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wd8ivlSend a Private Message to wd8ivlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish I would have known about that one. Only one Fiero at the Mentor show on Saturday, and it wasn't mine.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2015 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wd8ivl:

Wish I would have known about that one. Only one Fiero at the Mentor show on Saturday, and it wasn't mine.

Keep this show in mind for next year. I will for sure. If I would have known it was this large I would have made it a point to make this one. Actually one of the largest shows I've ever seen. Even up there with some of the Power Tour Stops. Not quite that big. But up there.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2015 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man.......you don't know how many memories you stirred up posting this topic and those pictures!

Grew up in Lorain, and used to go to Mill Hollow on a fairly regular basis.

Had picnics, enjoyed the park, the water, the views, it was pretty great back then. (I'm talking 68'-69')

Haven't been there in decades, but it was a great place to me.

Used to travel there and all the roads leading to and from in whatever car I happened to have at the time. Probably favorite times were in my TR250.
Had a TR4 body with what was basically a TR6 drive train.

Only made for one year, I think. Summer breeze, convertible, best girl (now wife-43yrs.), food, fun, booze, etc. .

Sorry to digress, just wanted to say "Thanks for the memories!"

Glad to see there are still folks enjoying it. Maybe I'll have to get back up there one of these years!

Maybe you can post when it's going to be next year?

HAGO!
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2015 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent Ron (paced84) a PM on the Indy since he is the expert.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So Jason, where is that show ? How many cars make a huge show ? Some places its 50 cars. I was at one this weekend that had 6,000.
fierodriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodriverSend a Private Message to fierodriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

So Jason, where is that show ? How many cars make a huge show ? Some places its 50 cars. I was at one this weekend that had 6,000.

Never mind Jason's show - where was yours with 6000 cars? :eek

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heath, Ohio (Newark), at National Trails Dragway for the 35th Annual Mopar Nationals....show and racing (2nd weekend of August). Delaware Ohio had a show last week that had over 1,000 cars in the downtown area called Blast from the Past. Also a good big show is the Arthritis Show in Dublin Metro Park, also a few thousand cars (first saturday after the 4th of July)
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can't find the exact number for this year, but in 2013 there was close to 2000 cars. Not too shabby. I would think it was more this year.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats quite a few. Average local shows around Columbus area usually only pull in 200-300. Part of the reason now is there are so many shows every weekend. Everyone wants to cash in on having a show. When you only have so many available cars on a given day and you give them 5 places to go, it cuts them all. Sandusky, Ohio by the lake has a great car show for a whole weekend usually in September. They have loud exhaust contests, stereo contests, plus a lot more with the car show and parade. Its close to all you guys and a lot of fun.

http://www.cruisinbythebay.org/

After the show and concert Sat nite, you can spend Sunday right up the street at Cedar Point.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 08-11-2015).]

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here was the itinerary for this years show. See editors note. 4000 cars were actually counted for the 2014 show. See Roger, I know a big car show when I see one.

Mill Hollow Park Annual Car Show at the Vermilion River Reservation in Lorain City Metro Parks
Vermilion, OH 44089 51211 North Ridge Road 50-50 1st 800 Food Music by: Frank Lamanna Presents, Inc

ALL CARS 25 YEARS AND OLDER ARE WELCOME 1986 AND OLDER, Sorry No Motorcycles will be admitted! Bring your street rods, muscle cars, custom, vintage trucks and vans. Regarding kit cars etc.: If the ENTIRE car or truck is a replica of the years 1986 or older it is permitted in the show. FREE - NO ENTRY FEE - NO REGISTRATION! No one will be admitted in the show field before 7am. FIRST 800 GET A FREE DASH PLAQUE, Great Door Prizes, Childrens Games & activities, Fantastic Raffles, Morning Coffee and Donuts for a donation, Food Vendors available and T-Shirts for sale, Lorain County Metro Parks RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SCREEN ENTRIES

Editor's Note: We attended last year and counted over 4000 cars - get there early,

Frank Lamanna Presents 440-546-1173 flp@cruiseflp.com Mill Hollow Carriage Barn 440-967-7310

http://bigal.thundercars.or...ERE%20ID%20=%203163;
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lighten up on Jason as Mill Hollow is a well know local show and does pull in a large number of quality cars.

It is not a national event and would rival most of the larger shows in Columbus.

Hell most of you never even pay attention to the Pontiac Nationals In Norwalk where they get a little over 1200 Pontiac's for show and race every year. We used to get up to 40 Fiero's and now are lucky to see 5-6 show up. The coupe class this year only had two cars. It is one of the best shows and they treat Fiero's as equals. I know they have taken the top 5 award in the show from Ames at least 7-8 times.

Anyways the Mill Hollow show is a class event. NE Ohio has many quality events with 1,000 and up cars all summer and draw in some high quality cars.

There are a lot of shows but the good ones become annual events and last for many years and have no trouble drawing good cars. The local shows are good all depending on how they are run. Some events are good quality shows and others are local club events that are popular vote and usually someone's buddy wins as a group all targets his car no matter the quality.

Many events anymore have a hard time getting quality judges. I used to run several shows including one with over 1000 cars. Even with paying the judges over $20 an hour I had a hard time getting people willing to do the job.

I finally got out of the judging as it was taking too much time from my other things in life I was doing or wanting to attend. You get burned out looking at stuffed crying kids and trophys around cars that mean nothing LOL!

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 08-11-2015).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wasnt picking on Jason and Im sure he knows that. I know lots of people who regularly dont do car shows think 50 cars is a big car show was why I asked. 4000 is a very good number. I may try to get there next year if Im around. Strange I never heard of it before. Ive done car shows all over Ohio, and some in Pa, WV, and In too, usually 2-3 a week for the last 30+ years. I sometimes even took more than 1 car (got someone else to drive one). Ive done indoor shows at the Cleveland Colliseum and some museum up there.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

Man.......you don't know how many memories you stirred up posting this topic and those pictures!

Grew up in Lorain, and used to go to Mill Hollow on a fairly regular basis.

Had picnics, enjoyed the park, the water, the views, it was pretty great back then. (I'm talking 68'-69')

Haven't been there in decades, but it was a great place to me.

Used to travel there and all the roads leading to and from in whatever car I happened to have at the time. Probably favorite times were in my TR250.
Had a TR4 body with what was basically a TR6 drive train.

Only made for one year, I think. Summer breeze, convertible, best girl (now wife-43yrs.), food, fun, booze, etc. .

Sorry to digress, just wanted to say "Thanks for the memories!"

Glad to see there are still folks enjoying it. Maybe I'll have to get back up there one of these years!

Maybe you can post when it's going to be next year?

HAGO!

Cool Sage! You've been meaning to get up here. Maybe before the end of summer. And on your way up snag Roger. He should find out that there is alot going on outside of just Columbus.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I rarely stay in Columbus Jason. I still go all over the state. I have a few hot lines and websites I use to find shows. One in Newark, Ohio called Light the Night is held downtown to raise money for the city to pay for Christmas lighting. It gets so crowded people will park another car in their spot a day or two ahead of the show. Im going to one in Plain City, Springfield, Lancaster, Mt.Vernon, and Laurelville in the coming weeks. Theres one in Marysville this Saturday in conjunction with the annual Midwest Hot Air Balloon Fest. The show is at a dealership by the airport and the cars get to parade down the airport runway during the mass launching of all the balloons.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I rarely stay in Columbus Jason. I still go all over the state. I have a few hot lines and websites I use to find shows. One in Newark, Ohio called Light the Night is held downtown to raise money for the city to pay for Christmas lighting. It gets so crowded people will park another car in their spot a day or two ahead of the show. Im going to one in Plain City, Springfield, Lancaster, Mt.Vernon, and Laurelville in the coming weeks. Theres one in Marysville this Saturday in conjunction with the annual Midwest Hot Air Balloon Fest. The show is at a dealership by the airport and the cars get to parade down the airport runway during the mass launching of all the balloons.

Aww Roger you know I kid. We will have to get together before summer is out and get Sage involved too. Lots of things to do. Gots to get that Bob Evens lunch.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wasnt picking on Jason and Im sure he knows that. I know lots of people who regularly dont do car shows think 50 cars is a big car show was why I asked. 4000 is a very good number. I may try to get there next year if Im around. Strange I never heard of it before. Ive done car shows all over Ohio, and some in Pa, WV, and In too, usually 2-3 a week for the last 30+ years. I sometimes even took more than 1 car (got someone else to drive one). Ive done indoor shows at the Cleveland Colliseum and some museum up there.

You came across as like he had no idea what a big show was and I took it as just being immodest. Sorry.

Car show at the Coliseum? You must be old as it has been gone for years and held very few cars. Most large shows in Cleveland were at the Convention center and the largest now is at the IX center one of the largest buildings in the country. They even have Airplanes, trucks, boats and military equipment classes. They had a B-17 in there one year. I see you guys will get the old Canton show this year. They moved it to get a larger building and to move it away from Cleveland's show.

Hell many of us have done more than one car and even more than one show in a day placing at both you are far from the only one who has done that stuff. It is fun for a while but gets old. I have done this since the 80's with my first Hot Rod and anymore I just hit the shows that are the greatest challenge.

You want a large event do Hot August Nights in Reno. I attended one year. I had two cars to cruise around in and even got paid to be there for the week. One a Mustang Convertible and a half million dollar Rad Rods By Troy Street Rod. That show is only rivaled by Woodward and it is still not as large as HAN. The fun was also hanging out with the folks from American Graffiti and Lumpy from Leave it to Beaver. He was a real funny and nice guy hated to see he passed away a couple years ago. Bo Hopkins also was a funny and great guy.

I remember the year the first Woodward took place. We were at a Fiero show In Pontiac and took a drive by. It was just a local event that year and never imagined it would grow to what it is today.

Anyways the Mill Hollow show is well known in this part of the state and even Western PA and really well run.

We also had the Glenmoore Gathering here in Canton. It was one of the top ten Concourse shows in the country till it was ended. They are trying to restart it at a new event in the Cuyahoga National Park. It is a Charity invite only event. No real judging as just getting invited is a win. I will be the first Fiero this year ever be invited. I will feel a little intimidated as the Ferrari Club brings in a large number of cars as well as McLaren's and other exotics. They also have many other rare cars from Bugatti to V16 Cadillac's.

They are raising money for Cancer and have done real well the last two years. This will be their third and so far largest event. It is free to the spectators and they only ask for a donation if you would like to offer. I saw my first Miura there last year out side of a museum. Really a classy even on the grounds of a golf course.

Nice to know Marysville still has the Balloon show. I was there when I was a kid one year. I was able to get out among the balloons and it was like a forest of balloons. I had never seen so many. I also got to go for a ride in a Biplane there and do my first loop. They did not tell me it would mess up my equilibrium when I got out. I was dizzy for a short while. That was a very memorable event.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 08-12-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock