This seems odd by Chris_narf
Started on: 08-04-2015 07:30 PM
Replies: 3 (212 views)
Last post by: tshark on 08-05-2015 12:10 AM
Chris_narf

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone else noticed that recent trend in stuff being posted in the mall?
1 - User has very few posts
2 - Person doesn't have any pictures posted
3 - Asking far more for something then it is worth... or people will pay here.
4 - Poor or inaccurate description
5 - Tey kant speel nd hav badd gramr

Any single thing wouldn't be a red flag, but all of them... something doesn't seem right.

------------------
-Chris
'85 V6 SE 4sp (SOLD)
'88 GT - Series 3 SC3800 w/ 3.5" pulley, 1.8" rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.5" intake, 3.29 gearing. Installed and tuned by Sinister Performance
'99 Kawasaki Vulcan 500, owned since new
'09 G37x Sedan w/ Premium & Nav (wife's car)
'13 G37xS Sedan (new daily driver)
'14 Yamaha FJR - 0-60 in 2.8s w/ 34MPG!!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Post's often show "For Sale" even tho they are looking to buy. And "Wanting to buy" has things that people are selling.

[This message has been edited by zzzhuh (edited 08-04-2015).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure what's going on in the mall, but

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2015 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Few posts doesn't necessarily mean anything. Everyone started there. It seems that new ”members” are selling off stuff, and they figured this was the best place to do it. Everyone's spelling and grammar is getting bad. It is hard to post pics on PFF. As for asking price, you don't have to buy. When I sell a car, I usually ask more than I expect to get, so that I can get when I wamt for the car.

The thing that really irritates me is detailed descriptions that are COMPLETELY WRONG. Or descriptions such as ”'86-'88 headlight motors”. ”Stock '88 OEM 9-gallon fuel tank”. ”High-performance GT steering rack. Fits all years Fiero '83-'88.” Or ”Completely loaded. Power windows, power mirrors, power steering, power brakes, 3-spoke wheel, spare tire.” Um, sunroof, power locks, sunshade & bag, AC, etc? Nope. Yet supposedly it's ”completely loaded” with ”power steering”.

Or, for a laugh, read those postings where the seller describes a stock Fiero automatic as ”very fast”. It's the slowest domestic car I've ever owned. What have they been driving, that such a Fiero is ”very fast” by comparison?

Do you prefer the posts that include pics that, upon arrival, bear no resemblance to the current condition of the vehicle?

I bought an IAC for an '88 GT. The IAC would've worked much better if my GT was the 2.5L 4-cylinder. Unfortunately, the GT was a 6-cylinder only. Yes, the picture matched the one in my car.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock