Cruise to Stone Mountain Georgia by ron768
Started on: 08-03-2015 02:38 PM
Replies: 8 (273 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 08-23-2015 08:18 PM
ron768

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all, The Georgia Fiero Club is planning on a cruise to Stone Mountain on the 22nd of August. I would like to invite all those who live close enough to join us for a day at the mountain. Bring your car out and show it off to others who share a love for the only mid engine car made in America. For more info, please go to the club web site, The Georgia Fiero Club.org.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a first come first served picnic area near the main train station and not far from the monument. This area is the one with bathroom facilities closest to it. If we could get an idea of how many will attend, I would be willing to be at the entrance gate when the park opens, and grab the spot. Lots of parking on one of the main roads in the park. Good exposure for Fieros.

You can sign up here, or email us at GeorgiaFieroClub@Gmail.Com
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The GA Fiero website is here, and the notice on our forum is here.
Come out to the mountain and see the monument while still in it's present form (there's talk of changing it). BTW, Robert E. Lee, the most prominent figure on the mountain, was pardoned by President Lincoln after the war, and became president of Washington College (now Washington and Lee University). In taking the position, he wrote, "It is the duty of every citizen, in the present condition of the Country, to do all in his power to aid in the restoration of peace and harmony."
ron768

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2015 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump to the top to be seen again.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2015 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If we can get a count prior, the club can get burgers, dogs and buns and attendees can bring a covered dish or two and some drinks. Alcohol isn't allowed in the park.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ron and I talked about this briefly, and we felt that due to the uncertainty of how many will attend, rather than bring food and drink, possibly some bringing the same items, that we would all just enjoy the day together, chatting and cruising the park, and select a place within the park or nearby to have our lunch. There are many places inside the park, but because you're a captured audience, prices can be high. You might want to bring a cooler and something to drink, just for convenience of not having to go in search of hydration.

Should we decide to dine inside the park, here's a link to what's available.
https://www.stonemountainpa...om/activities/dining

For those who do plan to join us, here's how to get into the park and where to find us.

From I-285, traveling East on Stone Mountain Freeway, US hwy 78, take Exit 8, Stone Mountain Park Main Entrance. If you're headed West on US 78, it will be a left exit.

Enter the gate on Jefferson Davis Drive, go straight and cross the lake twice. You will come to a triangle in the roadway. Keep to the right onto Robert E. Lee Blvd. Immediately you will intersect Hugh Howell Rd. Ignore that one and go to the next intersection with Hugh Howell Rd. and turn left. The parking lot is immediately on the left. There are picnic tables on the point of the intersection.

If you have an FRS radio, bring it along. We will be monitoring Channel 7. Just call out for Georgia Fieros, or if you have any of our phone numbers, call. We will be there at 10AM when the park opens.
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2015 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey....I had a real nice time at the Stone Mountain meeting. This was my first Fiero group activity since I relocated down to Georgia from N.J. It was great meeting you all and I'm looking forward to seeing you again, along with more. This is also my first post on this site in quite some time, and its fun to be back. One things for sure, I've held on to my Fiero through thick and thin, and she never fails to get a "thumbs up" most every place I go.
....Fierofool...you out there ? Keep in touch.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2015 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm here. Really enjoyed the day. Register on the Georgia Forum with your same username. I've tried to pull my pictures to my PC so I could post them, but when I emailed them, they just disappeared. The emails with attachments were sent but never arrived. Hope Susan will post hers.

How about that throttlebody setup?

It was good to see them again, too, and I also hope Dave will register on our forum. We still haven't heard from that guy about the CJB Formula, either.

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2015 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofool

12808 posts
Member since Jan 2002
Took over 3 hours for the pic to arrive from my cell phone, but here's 4 of the attendees rides.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock