Chip for 3.4 Fiero swap by Fiero-Vivo
Started on: 08-03-2015 12:06 PM
Replies: 4 (457 views)
Last post by: Fiero-Vivo on 08-06-2015 04:37 PM
Fiero-Vivo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-VivoSend a Private Message to Fiero-VivoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did a 3.4 swap into my '88 Formula knowing it would need a revamped chip. After a bit of break-in I really need to update that chip. I know there is a Pennock's guy who does them but I have lost the info I need to contact him. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am fairly certain that you are looking for Darth Fiero of Sinister Performance
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you're going to get a reprogrammed chip, Darth would be the one, but you don't necessarily need it. Why do you feel you do? I'm running a 3.4 in mine on a stock ECM, and I personally know of 3 others doing the same. The only thing you would need do is replace the Fiero injectors or the original 3.4 injectors with a pintle or modified pintle style injector rated at 17#.

http://www.gafiero.org/bbs/...20.msg17004#msg17004
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

If you're going to get a reprogrammed chip, Darth would be the one, but you don't necessarily need it. Why do you feel you do? I'm running a 3.4 in mine on a stock ECM, and I personally know of 3 others doing the same. The only thing you would need do is replace the Fiero injectors or the original 3.4 injectors with a pintle or modified pintle style injector rated at 17#.

http://www.gafiero.org/bbs/...20.msg17004#msg17004

The stock fiero ECM will run a 3.4L . For optimum results though, I recommend that the base Pulsewidth Constant be adjusted in the program as well as the fueling above 3000 rpm. Depending on the plenum you use the fueling needs will change. The Fiero plenum really chokes this engine of air at the top end. You can adjust for it but porting the plenum and adjusting the program yields better results.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Fiero-Vivo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2015 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-VivoSend a Private Message to Fiero-VivoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the help. Darth Fiero was the member I had in mind. I installed the 17 lb. injectors with the rebuild; it has a mild cam and headers with the Borla exhaust. I think it needs the reprogrammed chip because upon first start-up of the day it will not idle and I have to keep the engine running at 2,700 rpm for about a minute. After that it will cough and hesitate for another minute or two of running. Then it idles and runs OK but certainly doesn't have the power it should considering the modifications. Once it has been started, it will restart easily the remainder of the day. Because of that I haven't considered a vacuum leak. I'm now hoping that the reprogrammed chip will help me. Thanks again, those of you who responded.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock