Started on: 07-31-2015 08:20 AM
Replies: 24 (983 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 08-16-2015 09:14 AM
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a real 1988 Mera. It was originally red. Some front damage but easily repaiered. This is a very good price in my opinion for an 88 Mera. It has the Cromadora rims but they have been painted black. Nice Mera for someone willing to rehab it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281...1762100593&viewitem=

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jason88Notchie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Huh. Salvage title. Wonder how that would complicate things being out of state. Not bad for 8700 though.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm weary of anyone that says a repair is easy when trying to sell a vehicle. If it will help it sell, fix it if it's easy. Even more so when they say how easy a repair is, & then don't include a photo detailing the damage.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you scroll thru all the pics, there are some good close ups of the damage. The fiberglass corner is the easy part. The front bumper may be a problem, but I think Rodney sells them. The front park/turn lites are OEM Ferrari and VERY rare to find. My local Ferrari dealer had one on order for me for over a year. I did find a local Ferrari collector thru Rodney that did have a couple of them in stock and they retailed for about $300.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I looked through the photos & didn't see them. Mistake on my part.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which brings up a good point... I would be afraid to drive it. Any little bump and it's totaled from an insurance perspective. In Houston it's inevitable that you will be in a fender bender if you drive here long enough.
MrMWS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMWSSend a Private Message to MrMWSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to be an auto damage appraiser for 22 years. Look at the left fender gap at the door (bowed out), and the Rt door edge damage. The unibody is swayed over to the left. Also, major cracks in front Rt panel. Paint job is questionable, interior has been De-Mera-ed. I'd say you would put in as much to bring this back as you would purchasing it. Just my opinion and observations.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The light impact the passenger front end (all fiberglass) took would never distort the front steel chassis area. To distort the steel chassis in the front would require a significant impact. The whole fiberglass front end pieces would be totally shattered and in many pieces.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

The light impact the passenger front end (all fiberglass) took would never distort the front steel chassis area. To distort the steel chassis in the front would require a significant impact.

Of course, this is all based on the assumption that this was the only impact this car has sustained during its existence. There's always the chance that frame damage could've occurred previous to this relatively light bump.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I helped the second owner put the bumper on in my driveway maybe 15+ years ago. I talked to the third owner several years ago. He may be the one selling it? He was in the Chicago area back then. Or a forth owner now has it. No one has called looking for front end parts or replacement front bumper parts. Although possible probably not IMO. I would suggest looking at it before buying it. This type of damage would be easy to find.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2015 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the pictures, Id repair the front corner for a few hundred dollars + painting.. I had one of the kits so painting would have to be nose and both fenders as there is no natural break line, but its black so no matching problems. Bumper and lite would be added to that. Id have to see it, but bumper might also be repairable. Its only popped out at the bottom in front of the door because the front corner is pushed down. You can see that by the twisted lower valance. Pushing up the front corner in the repair would pull it back in place. At worst, you would have to make a cut in the body line between the fender and valance re relieve the pressure. I fixed many Corvettes in much worse shape.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 08-02-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2015 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same car on Greensboro CL http://greensboro.craigslis.../cto/5148496332.html

Says clean title but I ran the vin and it says Salvage title.
Was totaled in 2014 then new owner (I assume this one).
Front clip and hood area looks to be pretty badly damaged so an repair to be don properly is not going to be cheap .
It could well be a good buy but I would not underestimate the amount of work reqd or the cost to get it looking good again.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can fix it from what I see with an undetectible repair for maybe $300 tops without paint. I figure maybe 10 hours @ $25 an hour, plus supplies.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2015 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is a real 1988 Mera. It was originally red. Some front damage but easily repaiered. This is a very good price in my opinion for an 88 Mera. It has the Cromadora rims but they have been painted black. Nice Mera for someone willing to rehab it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281...1762100593&viewitem=

Rodney,

Do you have a MERA number for this vehicle?

Nelson

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2015 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Rodney,

Do you have a MERA number for this vehicle?

Nelson

Mera serial number 8102

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2015 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mera serial number 8102

Thanks, I have passed this information on to the current owner.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 08-08-2015).]

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I talked to a guy that went to look at this Mera. This car went off the road into a ditch. So it most likely has a lot of damage to the chassis etc. The guy that has it has only had it a short time so he probably bought at an auction and is probably trying to flip it for a profit. Might not be worth restoring. But it has lots of nice parts if one parts it out.

From what I have seen the seller is not disclosing all the facts. Shame on this guy.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

classic_cars

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for classic_carsSend a Private Message to classic_carsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased the car on Tuesday and drove it to Charlotte. It was in better condition than I had hoped. Drove nicely with no pulling/ drifting. Everything works- AC, cruise, e-brake, etc. Wheels are near perfect and the black plastikote rubber spray on stuff is pulling off easily.

My plan is to bring it back to stock (or near stock) condition. I need a pair of tan seats, carpet, door panels, radio trim, steering wheel and some Mera badges for starters... It needs to be red again.

Just finished my 3.4 pushrod swap in my 88 GT so the timing was perfect.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by classic_cars:

I purchased the car on Tuesday and drove it to Charlotte. It was in better condition than I had hoped. Drove nicely with no pulling/ drifting. Everything works- AC, cruise, e-brake, etc. Wheels are near perfect and the black plastikote rubber spray on stuff is pulling off easily.

My plan is to bring it back to stock (or near stock) condition. I need a pair of tan seats, carpet, door panels, radio trim, steering wheel and some Mera badges for starters... It needs to be red again.

Great!
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

Nelson
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My plan is to bring it back to stock (or near stock) condition.

It's a relatively minor thing, but I really really hope you pull that speaker off the console. Difficult to imagine somebody thought tacking that box on there was a good idea.

PFF
System Bot
classic_cars

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for classic_carsSend a Private Message to classic_carsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes the speaker box will go along with the Recaro's and all the Ferrari badges....
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am currently in the process of restoring an 87 Mera that was modified to a F308 configuration. I have all of the exterior work completed except for the side markers and one or two things in the interior. After that it is body work and paint since the engine swap is already done. I may be finished in a year or so depending on what other unexpected expenses come up. I do know where/how you might acquire some of the missing items if you are interested.

Nelson
Larryinkc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had Steve at Billet Badges make a Mera nose badge for mine. He should still have the info to make more. It's not exactly like OEM but I think it looks pretty nice.

http://billetbadges.com/

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the same Billiet Badge. It looks amazing!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock