Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Crowd-funding some much needed things for a Fiero family. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Crowd-funding some much needed things for a Fiero family. by Synthesis
Started on: 07-28-2015 11:26 AM
Replies: 43 (1334 views)
Last post by: Synthesis on 09-22-2015 04:13 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

As seajai said, it just comes off the line into the house.
The pressure you see feeds the house, and the spigot comes straight up off that line. The house pressure is lowered using a tank and regulator system to keep the pipes from having issues. Seajai and I are at the Shipman home tonight. The volume of water is enough to wash clothes and fill the tub at the same time...

Also, dishwasher is installed...

PAGE 2!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-17-2015).]

IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
That pipe is the pipe going straight down into the well correct?

The pump is down on the ground on country wells.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The well is installed and operational, tasted a glass of water from it myself this weekend. Good, clear and clean water.

New dishwasher is installed.
I updated the GoFundMe page, but here's the update for you guys.

This update will provide a bit more detail as to what went down this weekend, just for our followers.

On Saturday, my wife and I jumped in a van and picked up some friends for the trip to Frazee.

We arrived late in the evening to the smell of ribs on the grill, the warm hugs of friends, and a new dishwasher that was picked up from the store for us by some Frazee friends who own a truck.
A new knife block with some VERY sharp knives was delivered, and yours truly (who LOVES to cook) spent a whole thirty minutes demonstrating how easy it was to cut a watermelon (eat your heart out Ron Popeil!).

The general rule of thumb about any trips to Frazee is that whatever happens in Frazee, stays in Frazee...

What I CAN let you know is this:
Good food, good conversation, some handyman activities, and many "Ooooohs" and "Aaaaahs" over the new well and the clear and cool water coming out of it were shared by all. I had let the faucet run for a few moments to let the well push some really cold water up into the house, and then I had a glass from the tap. That is some GOOD water!

The new dishwasher is installed, and the install went relatively smooth. No major complications, just had to relocate a hole through the side of the cabinet for the drain hose.

When the lower panel under the old dishwasher was removed, the smell of burnt electronics permeated the air... The old unit had a malfunction of some kind, and was non-operational.
The new unit was run through several cycles between Saturday night and Sunday, and more "Ooooohs" and "Aaaaahs" were had by all.

Also, the first payment of 2,000 towards the well was made to our well backer.

The bathroom was inspected. The subfloor has a couple of small soft spots when stepping out of the tub, the shower surround is in need of replacement, as is the main shower valve, and the bathroom needs a vent fan and additional lighting installed.

What this means:
New surround and floor, bathroom vent fan, new shower valve which means new shower board for around the shower. Lighting isn't critical, but it does need some help. The central light shows signs of water damage from condensation. A vent fan would remedy moisture problems like this, but will require drywall work in the bathroom ceiling to install properly...

There is still work to be done, and we need your help!

To all who have donated so far: Thank you so much! Because of you, we now have a new well and dishwasher installed and things are moving forward rapidly!
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2015 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Long overdue bump to the top.

We received a huge donation from the Minnesota Fieros Forever club last night. $650 dollars towards the well and the bathroom!

That is a huge help for us for helping to pay for the well, though we still need help!

Anything you can donate will help us reach our goals! We are officially over halfway now.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock