Kitcar Man by Sullivan
Started on: 07-27-2015 04:48 PM
Replies: 9 (728 views)
Last post by: randye on 08-02-2015 05:13 PM
Sullivan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SullivanSend a Private Message to SullivanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What happened to Kitcar man in FL, his site is gone no response to emails, did he get out of business?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2015 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He was a hack! DO NOT TAKE A CAR TO HIM! He screwed me royally!
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2015 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...110502-2-079860.html

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 07-28-2015).]

Sullivan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2015 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SullivanSend a Private Message to SullivanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a shame, I haven't read all thru link (at work will at home) I never had him do work for me but bought 5 2.8's he had removed for swaps over the years. I wonder what happened he had a lot of happy customers back then, maybe he bit more than he could chew.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2015 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While this "Kit Car Man" JR completed many swaps, the quality of them was taken into question by many customers. The way he went about his "parts fabrication" was very odd to say the least. Some of the things that we have seen on this forum included using Permatex for breather grommets, using ties instead of hangars, and making improperly sized brackets. He may have closed his business as he hasn't posted in years.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

While this "Kit Car Man" JR completed many swaps, the quality of them was taken into question by many customers. The way he went about his "parts fabrication" was very odd to say the least. Some of the things that we have seen on this forum included using Permatex for breather grommets, using ties instead of hangars, and making improperly sized brackets. He may have closed his business as he hasn't posted in years.

I had to fix some of that jackwagon's so-called "work" on a Testarosa replica:

..and that was the EASY stuff to fix...

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 07-31-2015).]

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow that's terrible....... zipties for everything what a complete idiot.

It's no wonder he didn't want to participate in PFF discussions he knew he was a lazy hack and didn't want people pointing out the obvious. A thief putting custom cars on the road that aren't even remotely safe to drive.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

It's no wonder he didn't want to participate in PFF discussions he knew he was a lazy hack and didn't want people pointing out the obvious. A thief putting custom cars on the road that aren't even remotely safe to drive.

Anyone too lazy to install a screw, bracket or rivet uses Permatex instead of grommets and zip ties galore should be prosecuted. Thank God no one was hurt. This guy is obviously a half ass mechanic, a rip off artist who is just about making money and one determined to not give people what they rightfully paid for and have a right to deserve. Since 2000 when I joined this forum we have seen many hack jobs and rip off artists but I have never seen work as bad as this.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, if you guys think that was bad you need to see the work done on my car by Whodeanie then!!!!!
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2015 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

The entire brake system in the rear of that car was installed with plastic zip ties and that was obviously dangerous and irresponsible but that was far from the end of the atrocities in this pile of crap.

While I was working on the car the driver's side mirror just FELL OFF on the pavement and it hadn't been even slightly touched.
I found that "Kit Car Man" had installed the side mirrors with BONDO.

Then there was the supposed "High quality rebuilt engine and trans" that was installed in the car.
A blind man could tell that this piece of manure hadn't been touched since it rolled out of the Fiero plant in 1987

Car arrived to me with dog bone exactly as shown:

Both of the inner CV boots were OEM original and were blown out and there was CV grease thrown *everywhere*
Both axle seals on the Getrag 5 speed were also leaking oil profusely, and the BENT engine oil pan had been sealed with generous *gobs* of RTV.
Both rear suspension spring rubber isolators left hanging on the springs, (see earlier photo)
Both stock exhaust manifold gaskets were leaking.
Leaking EGR. Extremely high idle speed.

This "high dollar Ferrari replica" also had some serious electrical issues and none of the gages or dash lights or headlights were working.
When I got into the wiring inside the dash I found that ALL the wires were colored RED.
No black ground wires. No white wires, Nothing.
EVERY SINGLE WIRE IN THE NEW "HARNESS" WAS RED
and not a single one of them was labeled or tagged anywhere.

The chassis of the car had been stretched using various odd pieces of raw plate steel and tubing and not a single one of them matched in size or shape.
They were all left unpainted and rusting.
There were two steel bars welded across the bottom of the entire chassis pan that also now prevent the fuel tank from being removed from the car. When the fuel pump eventually goes out it will require a cutting torch to get the tank out to replace it.

The rear track width of the car was "widened" to suit the new kit car body using these HUGE 10 inch aluminum wheel spacers:

I have never seen "wheel spacers" this gigantic.
The cantilever load from these things had destroyed both rear hub bearings.
I didn't even pull the front wheels off, but I know that the front end on this turd was just as bad as the back end.

I told the unfortunate owner of this car that I had to call his car a "Parade Float"....All "pretty" on the outside and all crap underneath and that he would only be SAFE in this thing by driving it at about the same speed as a parade float.

I fixed everything I possibly could for him and he paid me fairly for my work and I sent him on his way and wished him well. He told me a month or so later that he had sold this piece of crap to someone else and he stopped by my place in his new REAL Ferrari 308 classic.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-03-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock