Started on: 07-23-2015 08:26 PM
Replies: 18 (789 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 08-02-2015 01:02 PM
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe a way to get some extra cash

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the heads up... I see at least $100 in store credit right there.
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For some of us, the cost to ship in the parts will be higher than the store credit!

Had that problem with a steering rack (NOT from Fiero Store). This vendor sent a FREE return shipping label to US customers.
Those customers in Canada didn't get that. So it cost me about $75 to ship back the old steering rack to get my $100 core charge.
THEN if they decide it's not rebuildable - you don't get it...

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-24-2015).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

For some of us, the cost to ship in the parts will be higher than the store credit!

Had that problem with a steering rack (NOT from Fiero Store). This vendor sent a FREE return shipping label to US customers.
Those customers in Canada didn't get that. So it cost me about $75 to ship back the old steering rack to get my $100 core charge.
THEN if they decide it's not rebuildable - you don't get it...

Yup, even to ship a couple of calipers.... here in the US. Then, they have to be rebuild-able for credit. I ended just tossing them into the trash, sadly,as I was cleaning and needed the space.
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stock Fiero brake parts are starting to get harder to find, especially rear calipers.

I recently needed to change my brakes and two larger part stores near me could not even get brake rotors for the Fiero anymore as their suppliers no longer carried them.

Thankfully places like rock auto still stock them but I remember years ago having 4 or 5 times the options in manufacturers than what is currently available. If you look at the rear calipers, you only have 1-2 options left from Rock Auto.

[This message has been edited by FieroMontreal (edited 07-24-2015).]

engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow i have some parts and could use some parts i have like 2 ecm 2 caliipers and a v6 dis
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In many cases the shipping will crunch the deal but you will still net something. I would price the shipping before sending the stuff out, Then you will know exactly what you will get. The offer is fair but they pay you in gift certificates so no money changes hands. .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm.. How are we to tell the 7170 ECM's apart between 86 and 87?
Plus there is 6864's for 85 and 86? Not sure what ones will work..
I have about 20 I could send them....

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2015 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:
Yup, even to ship a couple of calipers.... here in the US. Then, they have to be rebuild-able for credit. I ended just tossing them into the trash, sadly,as I was cleaning and needed the space.

I used the post office if it fits it ships for one price no mater how much it weights, to ship a couple of calipers to Brian out west somewhere for a class in school to rebuild and I think it only cost me 10 bucks.

So that is an option that may make sending in those parts a good deal, as long as they are paying return shipping on anything you order. I like the idea, I just don't like the,

(Once we receive your cores and determine that they can be rebuilt,)

Part,
if they decide they are not rebuild able you are still out the cost of shipping, no mater how cheap you shipped them. Not to mention a part that you may have been able to use some parts of in a repair on something you have already.

And oh ya, if you needed to throw out Fiero parts you need a bigger place !

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 07-25-2015).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2015 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

I used the post office if it fits it ships for one price no mater how much it weights, to ship a couple of calipers to Brian out west somewhere for a class in school to rebuild and I think it only cost me 10 bucks.
Steve

I use the flat rate shipping boxes a lot, but if you read the fine print there is a strict weight limit on all the boxes internationally and they are almost 4 times as expensive. So that does not help the folks in Canada. Also they do have a 70 pound limit domestically so like most businesses they have been tweaking the deal to make sure it remains profitable.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 07-25-2015).]

weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2015 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What determines if a caliper can be rebuilt? What should I look for?

Also what happens if TFS determines the caliper cannot be rebuilt? Do they return it? Whats to stop them from just saying its junk even if its not?
PFF
System Bot
Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Andy...
TFS is looking for calipers that have the ebrake lever and cable holding bracket for full credit.
Make sure there is no obvious damage to the aluminum cast part of the caliper itself. Make sure any 88 calipers have both parts.(aluminum and steel halves)
Seized in piston(s) are fine.. They will have them sent out and rebored/rebuilt anyhow.

Make sure to toss the unnecessary stuff like banjo bolt,slider pins and pads. Get the fluid out!

If you have a caliper with missing ebrake parts,they will offer partial credit.

I've done thousands of $ in credit with TFS over the span of 15 years or so,and always had a great experience..

Mark
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indyellowgt:

Andy...
TFS is looking for calipers that have the ebrake lever and cable holding bracket for full credit.

But don't we need to keep those to transfer over to our new (or rebuilt) calipers?

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is cheaper to toss the parts, than to add sq. footage

Plus, I sold what I could and then tossed the rest. Sad, as many body panels were tossed as people were not interested in driving up to get them.

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

And oh ya, if you needed to throw out Fiero parts you need a bigger place !

Steve

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2015 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Andy...
Make sure there is no obvious damage to the aluminum cast part of the caliper itself. Make sure any 88 calipers have both parts.(aluminum and steel halves)
Seized in piston(s) are fine.. They will have them sent out and rebored/rebuilt anyhow.

Make sure to toss the unnecessary stuff like banjo bolt,slider pins and pads. Get the fluid out!

If you have a caliper with missing ebrake parts,they will offer partial credit.

I've done thousands of $ in credit with TFS over the span of 15 years or so,and always had a great experience..

Mark

Cool. TY Mark. BTW I sent you a PM a few days back. Lost your # and was wondering if you might have a whosamawhatsit. But TY for the heads up on TFS. I will definitely take them up.

Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2015 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

But don't we need to keep those to transfer over to our new (or rebuilt) calipers?

I've stripped tons of Fieros out,so the surplus goes to great use !

Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2015 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Indyellowgt

1950 posts
Member since Dec 2000

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Cool. TY Mark. BTW I sent you a PM a few days back. Lost your # and was wondering if you might have a whosamawhatsit. But TY for the heads up on TFS. I will definitely take them up.

Gonna hit ya back,Andy.
Let's clink a beer,ya?

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2015 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gonna hit ya back,Andy.
Let's clink a beer,ya?

Hella yea Mang!!

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2015 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you buy parts at another parts store, dont you need your old ones for the core charge there...? Some of the local core prices are way out of hand. I bought some new batteries and they charge me $20 each for cores. I bought a new front facia for a 2015 Mustang from the dealer and it came with a $75 core charge. Never heard of a core charge for a front bumper cover before from a retail dealership. They want the bumper core no matter how damaged it is. All I had was 1/4 of it...rest was maybe at the accident scene or tow yard, and they gave me the credit Sounds like a rip off scheme to me.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock