Black tail light cover... by MadProfessor8138
Started on: 07-22-2015 12:45 PM
Replies: 10 (541 views)
Last post by: MadProfessor8138 on 07-23-2015 09:47 PM
MadProfessor8138

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone offer just a black tail light lense cover that fits over the factory original?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, but you can paint your existing one.
MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately,that's not an option....I have 3 cars and every single cover has cracks in them....thought maybe I could find a black out cover and just hide the cracks.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a discussion about reproductions, here on the forum. But nothing has been produced yet.

Best bet is to keep an eye out at junkyards, ebay, etc. Yup, it is an issue.

(if the cracks are not in the way of the light, grind out the crack (v-shape), fill with plastic-friendly epoxy, sand and paint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQpwsLpnbF0

comment from this video: Just bought some to fix my Fiero GT tail light... Almost impossible to find a set in perfect condition, gonna fix a small crack. This is a Godsend!

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 07-22-2015).]

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Notchback or fastback? Makes all the difference in the world.
MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry,I should have mentioned that........it's an 85 GT Notchback.
MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MadProfessor8138

351 posts
Member since May 2015
If I can't find someone that makes just a black out lense cover then I'm thinking about just replacing the lenses with a one piece unit and going with the round lights.
But then that opens up a can of worms......trying to figure out who has a unit that will actually fit correctly and the quality matches their price.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadProfessor8138:

If I can't find someone that makes just a black out lense cover then I'm thinking about just replacing the lenses with a one piece unit and going with the round lights.
But then that opens up a can of worms......trying to figure out who has a unit that will actually fit correctly and the quality matches their price.

I've never heard of a blackout cover for the tail lights. Pisa has a couple replacements with round lights. No idea of their quality. There are OEM notchback tail lights out there everywhere. I've got a set for sale if you're interested.

http://www.pisafierohq.com/...s/bullet_taillights/
http://www.pisafierohq.com/lights/euro_taillights/

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 07-23-2015).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadProfessor8138:

Sorry,I should have mentioned that........it's an 85 GT Notchback.

Just look for a good used set.... 85-88 notchbacks are what you want to look for when searching parts (85 GT, 85-86 SE & coupe, 88 Formula & coupe... 84 had a different light layout I think, but they would still work).
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone would have made what your looking for...it was a company call "GTS...innovative plastic accessories".

They made (make) them for a lot of cars over the years...but I don't ever remember any for the Pontiac Fieros...had a great set on a Saturn SL years ago...looked so much cleaner than stock.

http://www.carid.com/gts/

MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Monkeyman....pm sent
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock