Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Wheel Experts: Need help selecting proper size rim/tire combo for Rottinchop

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Wheel Experts: Need help selecting proper size rim/tire combo for Rottinchop by johnyrottin
Started on: 07-17-2015 11:45 AM
Replies: 8 (485 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 08-23-2015 08:33 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2015 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Greetings all. As most know Rob and the Wisconsin boys have been helping sort out the Rottinchop for awhile. They are getting down to the last bits and it is time to chose the rims. We are trying to stay close to an aircrafty theme with a Lotus gray paint and some black rims. I really like the Touren TR10s as they remind me of jet intake turbine fans. The chop is on an 88 Formula. What I am wondering is what rim and tire combo size should go under her? I don't understand the whole hub sizes and offsets and all that jazz so I am wondering if one of our wheel experts can help me from making a major mistake. I am also open to another model as well as long as they stay with that jet intake fan blade theme.

Here is a link to the build:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/092359-14.html

Here is a link to the rims:
http://www.eliteswheels.com.../product_detail/5932

And I cant seem to post pictures anymore so if someone wants to get photoshop crafty feel free!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 07-17-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tweeter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2015 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweeterSend a Private Message to TweeterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think those round things look nice.
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2015 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

This is a fairly good guide to go by for offsets. I just finished putting wheels and tires on my 87 and it was a stressful project. I won't comment as far as widths and offsets I ended up with because my car has a hub conversion and I think that changes things a little bit because offsets I ended up with don't match what they should on the diagram.

One question that we need to know is if it is running coil-overs in the rear or stock struts?

It looks like
7,38mm on front
8,35mm in back

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060811-1-051918.html
or look at this thread for info, I think Alex4mula nailed it for fitment on his 88.
18x9 35mm back, 18x7 42mm front. Tires are 265-35-18 & 225-40-18.

[This message has been edited by zmcdonal (edited 07-17-2015).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like coilovers to me...

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I took last night to process. it is gutting that a completely rust free very nice 88GT was ruined while a guy took someone's hard earned cash and produced this junk. I can dwell on the negative and live miserably or I can press on knowing there a good people out there and be a happy guy. I choose that latter. in that spirit here is a current status of the Rottinchop:

Yes, it is headed to the scrap heap. Sad but true. Now on to the good news that comes from the bad news. Choptop #19 is sitting outside Archie's shop. No more. It will head to the Fox Valley boys. So they get to start with an Archie quality chop. Now the boys instead of starting with a car made from this:

and this

They get to start with this:

Yes that is Will's old Formula. So in a way I am finishing it for both of us. Archie is also going to check his storage to see if he has a GT body left. Couldn't do this withoiut Archie!!!

With these rims:

These Archie doors:

Hopefully turning this engine:

Into something like this:

We will try to use these hips:

And hopefully this rear bumper

These coilovers

These brakes

And some other bits and bobs that will pop up as we go along.

I refuse to let one bad person that weaseled his way into our community set the tone we have with each other and the vendors we embrace. I will maintain a positive outlook and empower the good folks we have working together to make this happen. This is somewhat where we are moving towards:

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

engine updates....

engine strut/dog bone.

start of the exhaust

engine

it's getting closer to getting in the car.

Steve

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 07-18-2015).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup it has the coil overs . From the coil over to the edge of the stock fender lip is 12 inches. I don't think the wider hip is more than 2 inches wider i would even say 1 I have it off the car right now for sanding but when I get it back on I will measure it a bit more accurate. Go with 18's!!!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
18x9.5 (offset) rear and 18x8.5 (offset) fronts or 18x9 35mm back, 18x7 42mm front. Either set with tires as 265-35-18 rear & 225-40-18 front. It also may depend on what sizes these are available in. Most of what I see are 17s but I am not sold on the brand only....more interested in the style. What size are the SLR rims we already have?
What I am seeing is these rims have an 18x8 5x100 5x4.5.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 07-21-2015).]

LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2015 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you go wider in the back or just add the hips?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2015 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will these fit?

This Auction is for a Brand New Set of (4) 18x8 Touren TR10 wheels with a Black Finish. The Bolt pattern(s) is 5x100 & 5x4.5. The Offset is 40 and the Hub Bore is 72.62 . Center Caps Included. Touren TR10 wheels are also available in 17, and 18 inch sizes; Finish(es) are available in Black with Machined Spoke Accents.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2015 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gimi rubber! car 1/4 sanded please turn off the bad weather generator! I want to finish already!!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock