Thinking of buying another Fiero by 323 valdovinos
Started on: 07-14-2015 02:39 PM
Replies: 8 (277 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 07-19-2015 07:26 PM
323 valdovinos

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2015 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 323 valdovinosClick Here to visit 323 valdovinos's HomePageSend a Private Message to 323 valdovinosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use to frequent this site a lot I was just like you guys a Fiero junky lol I use to have a 1987 GT five spend but I had to sell it times got hard and the family grew I got behind on a mortgage payment and could not catch up so I put the Fiero for sale my wife told me to not sell her to keep it. But I wanted to catch up on the bills and to be honest we couldn't afford another vehicle my wife had her daily driver a four door Mitsubishi Lancer and I drove a Chevy Tahoe and with four kids we needed to keep the truck to get around with the family the Fiero was the car that I needed to sell to help us catch up with the bills so I put her up on craigslist and in one day I got several calls from people that were interested so I set up the people to stop by the next day and the first person that stopped by took it home he loved it and said that's what he was looking for a good clean Fiero that everything worked so he didn't even argue the price $ 3.000 we made a deal and he drove away with my pride and joy when my wife got home she open the garage to put her car away and thought I wasn't home because she saw the Fiero was not there she figure I went for a drive but when she walked in she didn't say hi how was work how are you she said WHERE IS THE FIERO??? I told her I sold it she said you did what why did you sell the Fiero you love that car she knew why I sold it and it was hard on the both of us but she kept telling me you should have never sold it I can not believe its gone I didn't even get a last ride in her I said am sorry babe so now every time we are out anywhere and see a Fiero we both say hey FIERROO so the hunt is on am looking for a 87or 88 GT automatic because I know my wife would love to drive it too.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2015 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey man good luck on your search, hopefully you find a good one near by!!!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2015 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few around http://claz.org/classifieds/vehicles/cars?q=fiero

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How long ago did you sell it and what was the color?

Good luck on your search for a new one!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2015 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are in IL, you should check out Fierorama in Sept.
http://www.fierofocus.com/fierorama_2010.html
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2015 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
May the Car Gods bless you and SOON!
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thinking of buying another Fiero by 323 valdovinos

WTF is wrong with you, didn't you bleed enough with the last one?

Sorry couldn't help myself, I know of all the vehicles I have worked on over the last 40 years or more that the Fiero is one of the worst to try and work on, for the most part because of space problems. But don't let me stop you, buy another one, cut some more knuckles, bleed some more, swear and piss and moan that you never should have bough the dam thing.

Sorry just couldn't help myself, I now have 2 an 84 stock parts car and an 86 SE we drive daily that really hasn't been that much trouble except for just after I bought it when we had to do all the superstructure work because it had hit something really hard. Other than that it has only needed,

an alternator, battery, trans cooling and brake lines, Tires, belts, water pump, calipers frt and rr, assorted rubber brake hoses, rotor, ignition module, coil, pickup coil, and probably more that I have forgotten. I don't think there was more than once or twice that I worked on a Fiero that I didn't cut myself. But maybe that's just me.

Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for and don't get to cut up fixing it. By cut up I also mean the cuts your get in your wallet when doing anything to these wonderful little old cars that I personally plan on keeping running for as long as my failing health and wallet will allow me to.

Ayup, I am just as nuts as the rest of us on here.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 07-18-2015).]

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

I don't think there was more than once or twice that I worked on a Fiero that I didn't cut myself. But maybe that's just me.

Nope. Definitely NOT just you, Steve. If you didn't bleed, you didn't do it right .

Sharp edges are GMs way of telling you to take the car to the dealer. Be VERY careful with the support at the rear of the stereo. It's like an anvil with razor blades around the outside.

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 07-18-2015).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2015 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Fiero is a great project car with a near timeless design . You can buy them at reasonable prices, install the upgrades and have something enjoyable to drive. I find them no harder to work on than many modern cars.
With a good engine swap and a few mods you can achieve Vette like performance at a fraction of the price.
IMO, the place to find the best Fiero at the best price is at the car shows/Fiero events.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock