Fiero at lkq junkyard by Detainabull
Started on: 07-10-2015 03:53 PM
Replies: 20 (652 views)
Last post by: Khw on 07-16-2015 01:03 AM
Detainabull

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2015 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I just missed out on the half price sale at LKQ but I got some time to go check out some cars and came across this 88 fiero. 4 cylinder automatic with a sunroof. Looked to be in pretty decent shape. Only had time to pull the seatbelts out for my car but will be heading back on Monday for the dew wipes. Maybe the door pockets and the dash pocket as well. Here's the car.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2015 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if I can get hat hood in may car. I see a day out soon!

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2015 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take the hood off your Fiero, drive over, bolt it on and bring it back.
Orig88GT-NC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2015 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still waiting for a GT to show up local.....
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2015 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Grab them calipers... they are getting hard to come by
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2015 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't know LKQ let people get their own parts. there is one 10 mins from my home, may have to check them out.
Detainabull

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2015 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll def keep the calipers in mind... Heading back out Monday so I'll make a list. I might be able to help some of you local guys out, can't promise anything but I might be able to grab a few parts and hold em.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2015 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Take the hood off your Fiero, drive over, bolt it on and bring it back.

Good idea but sadly my Fiero is in pieces right now as I am in the middle of painting it!

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2015 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Detainabull, get the VIN, interior color, manufacture date and options and post them in 88databaseguy's thread for his records.
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should also grab the front hubs IF they turn smoothly. Original factory 88 hubs are quality built and aftermarket ones have suspect quality as determined/reported by some who race Fiero's.
Kit
Detainabull

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will do fierofool!

My car is an 87, will these 88 suspension parts fit my 87 or is there any modding needing to be done. Everyone says the 88 had the best suspension so I figure if ask.
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
None of the suspension parts are direct bolt-on. The entire front suspension and the rear cradle with suspension can be added to the 87 with modifications. But if you can afford, like the others said, some of the parts are scarce and aftermarket quality is poor, so grab what you can afford and put it up for sale on The Mall.

Regarding 88databaseguy's information, he says there's a tag inside the overhead console that has information he also wants. Date and location of the junk yard and how the car's equipped and color.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

You should also grab the front hubs IF they turn smoothly.

That's what I was thinking as well.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested in the entire rear suspension depending on price plus shipping
Detainabull

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went back and got the deck lid hinge and torsion bars today since mine are broken. Spent a little to much time at the beach then got rained on while out there picking at stuff. Now I head back to work for the next 5 days. People have been hitting the car pretty good over the weekend.
Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2015 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recommend getting that front fascia and front spoiler and all the parts that go with them. Took me more than a year to find decent ones for my 87 coupe. These look like they're in good shape.

Heck, I recommend getting every part you can.

[This message has been edited by Quad Raider (edited 07-14-2015).]

Detainabull

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2015 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quad Raider....if I only had the space for everything id take. My wife wouldn't be too thrilled to find fiero parts in all corners of the house lol
Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Detainabull:

Quad Raider....if I only had the space for everything id take. My wife wouldn't be too thrilled to find fiero parts in all corners of the house lol

Man, I hear you. Fiero parts are taking over my shop, which is actually my mom's garage. I have so many now I've had to put some in my own garage.

I'm serious about the front fascia parts, though, especially that chin spoiler and the parts that attach it to the fascia and the space frame. There's a little steel bracket about 6" long that attaches to the center of the space frame and angles down to the middle of the fascia that is very difficult to find.
Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Quad Raider

865 posts
Member since Dec 2010

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

I didn't know LKQ let people get their own parts. there is one 10 mins from my home, may have to check them out.

Tom, it depends on which kind of LKQ facility it is. Mine, which is in north Tulsa, has the big pull-it-yourself yard next door to a full-service yard. At least I think that's what it is, I've never been inside the full-service side.
Detainabull

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2015 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quad Raider...I'll def have to go get that fascia then and everything with it. Wife will deal I suppose. Lol. As far as the LKQ lots, I'm pretty sure the "full service" side is just a holding area for cars going on to the "you pull" side. Atleast that's how it is here in NC.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2015 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neat.

------------------

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay