Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  most expensive fiero hot wheel i have ever seen.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
most expensive fiero hot wheel i have ever seen. by mmeyer86gt/gtp
Started on: 06-24-2015 01:07 AM
Replies: 14 (816 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 06-26-2015 04:43 PM
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.brian-anna.com/h...e-pontiac-fiero-2m4/

Hot Wheels Prototype, Pontiac Fiero in Gold Chrome that was never released for mass production. Super rare and the ultimate collectible for the Hot Wheels aficionado. Check out the images, this is the best looking Fiero.

We have thousands of items, many hard to find and unique to the Hot Wheels Collectors World. Items that rarely see the light of day let alone be up for sale. You will see many items on our website that you will not see anywhere else. Start investing in your collection today.

Here at Brian & Anna's Collectibles, a division of Brian-Anna.com LLC we strive to offer many unique and hard to find items. We specialize in Hot Wheels but as we go through collections that we have purchased over the years you will see many other interesting items.

If you have questions please use the "Contact Us" form under Customer Service at the bottom of this web page.

Full Definition of PROTOTYPE
1: an original model on which something is pattern
2: an individual that exhibits the essential features of a later type
3: a standard or typical example
4: a first full-scale and usually functional form of a new type or design of a construction (as a diecast car)

TOTAL PRICE : $449.00
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd rather take one of the current Hot Wheels Fiero's and have it gold plated for $50.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

Hot Wheels Prototype, Pontiac Fiero in Gold Chrome...

Fool's gold.

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-24-2015 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

http://www.brian-anna.com/h...e-pontiac-fiero-2m4/

Hot Wheels Prototype, Pontiac Fiero in Gold Chrome that was never released for mass production. Super rare and the ultimate collectible for the Hot Wheels aficionado. Check out the images, this is the best looking Fiero.

We have thousands of items, many hard to find and unique to the Hot Wheels Collectors World. Items that rarely see the light of day let alone be up for sale. You will see many items on our website that you will not see anywhere else. Start investing in your collection today.

Here at Brian & Anna's Collectibles, a division of Brian-Anna.com LLC we strive to offer many unique and hard to find items. We specialize in Hot Wheels but as we go through collections that we have purchased over the years you will see many other interesting items.

If you have questions please use the "Contact Us" form under Customer Service at the bottom of this web page.

Full Definition of PROTOTYPE
1: an original model on which something is pattern
2: an individual that exhibits the essential features of a later type
3: a standard or typical example
4: a first full-scale and usually functional form of a new type or design of a construction (as a diecast car)

No doc's, no packaging...
hell I can pull apart a hot wheel,, dip the body in paint striper and then paint it with gold paint..
and sell it for only
such a deal..
for you
today

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 06-24-2015).]

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

No doc's, no packaging...
hell I can pull apart a hot wheel,, dip the body in paint striper and then paint it with gold paint..
and sell it for only
such a deal..
for you
today

I was thinking the same thing, I would want to see said paper work otherwise it is just a 'fake' (not that it is, but there is nothing stating otherwise).
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it is in real gold and in the original package unopened, I'll buy it. But I could buy a beat down REAL Fiero for that price...
California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a 5 year old played Dukes of Hazard with it before it was plated.
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2015 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been collecting Hot Wheels for some time and have never seen them use a screw to hold the car together. Even on prototypes they use a rivet of one type or another. Also it looks like the car was plated then sat down on something before it was set. Notice the bottom of the car by the wheels - there are spots with no plating. I also look and I can not find any source that list this as one of the known prototypes.

I'm am not saying it is a fake but without more to document what it really is I'm going to pass. I might offer a couple of bucks for it as it stands but that would be all.

I might email them and see what they say.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2015 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'll say it. its a fake. I drilled out the rivet on the bottom of one of my old Fiero Hot Wheel cars so I could paint it the same color as my car. After done, I put it back together, first I drilled out the old rivet and then tapped the hole for a similar screw. This is a fake. You can pop open any hotwheel cars like this, paint/plate them and then put them together claiming they are "a rare factory prototype". Bla, bla, bla......

I'll make a few, plate them in Gold or Silver, and then sell them for $200 each if you want.

Rob
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2015 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:

But I could buy a beat down REAL Fiero for that price...

I was going to say the EXACT same thing

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
85K miles
Bay City, MI

Tuna Helper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2015 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never seen a Hot Wheels that was painted on the bottom.
PFF
System Bot
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2015 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got this reply ---

Our entire inventory of prototypes-pre-production pieces all came from the collection of Michael Strauss, author of the Tomart Hot wheels price guide. I am willing to accept his word regarding the authenticity of each piece. People that know Mike know how serious he is about the cars and the hobby that supports it. And when you are dealing with early proto’s and the like we have found that consistent processes were right out the window. Mike told me the story about how when the Mattel people (designers) were done with them they would have a game of who could hit the trash can. Mike was able to preserve a lot of history that would have ended up in the land-fill.

Also, please review the base image of the Dodge Viper RT/10, it is held together with screws.

Best regards,

Brian

www.brian-anna.com

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2015 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So then they should have no problem getting some sort of certificate from him stating it as such...
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2015 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

So then they should have no problem getting some sort of certificate from him stating it as such...

Scribbled note on the back of a pizza box

Corner Gas TV show reference, person buying the REAL R2D2 on ebay: https://youtu.be/RoZloThNt1w?t=2m15s

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2015 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well. If it is legit, and you own it, and yet no one believes you, does it really matter?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock