Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Time to Start Planning for 28th Street Metro Cruise! Who's coming?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Time to Start Planning for 28th Street Metro Cruise! Who's coming? by solotwo
Started on: 06-20-2015 12:10 AM
Replies: 21 (464 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 08-24-2015 10:03 PM
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2015 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 28th Street Metro Cruise in Grand Rapids is on August 21st & 22nd. I will contact Mr. Leese to see if he will extend the invitation from last year and allow us to have the spot we had last year. How many of you plan on attending? If you could give me a rough idea, I will let Harvey Automotive know how many are coming so that they will know what size of an area to "rope off" for us. Mr. Leese has, let me change that, his wife has a very low mileage Yellow T-Top 88 Fiero GT that is stored in a temperature controlled building along with some other rare cars on the Harvey Automotive campus. They displayed this last year with our cars. The Harvey Automotive campus is across the street from Berger Chevrolet. Should be a great time again. I hope to see a lot of Fieros at the cruise.

Steve
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2015 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is some more information on the metro cruise.

Hello Steve –

As of this week we confirmed Futurliner #10 will be at the 2015 car show. They need to be placed in the area the Fieros were in last summer. I suggest placing the Fieros just a bit to the east in the Lexus lot where the MGs were last year. That way you’ll be very visible in the front row.

Below is the original email that was sent to the various club contacts:

Hello everyone!

It seems hard to believe, but in about two months we'll be holding our annual vintage car shows at Harvey Cadillac, Harvey Lexus and Thrifty Of Grand Rapids!
The shows will take place as usual on our front lots on Saturday, August 22, 2015 and we want to include your group again!
We’re sending this email to all contacts we have on file and found online for the clubs. We apologize if you’ve received this in error or if we missed anyone. Please let us know and we’ll update our list – thanks!
We plan on hosting the show from 9 am to about 3:30 pm Saturday 8/22, with a live remove from WLAV FM, great food from 55 Bar-B-Que, some special cars in our showrooms, and more.
We'd love it if you would confirm you're planning on being at our 2015 Harvey car shows. We've seen a few groups have included us on their website schedules - thank you for that!
We'll start coordinating arrival times and placement of the cars/clubs closer to the show dates.

I will keep you updated.

Steve
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm hoping I can make it this year. Have to make sure I don't work that day.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: daily driver

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great!
Riddick85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there usually a decent fiero turn-out? Is it a pretty big show otherwise too? A bit of a drive for me but I could probably make it
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Riddick85:

Is there usually a decent fiero turn-out? Is it a pretty big show otherwise too? A bit of a drive for me but I could probably make it

It is a mini version of the Woodward Cruise. 28th street is 15 miles long, but most of the cars are either parked or travel about a 5-8 mile stretch. Tons of stop and go traffic traveling very slow. After an unpleasant experience with my new car I no longer do the very slow cruise. We in the Fiero community have been blessed as the owner of Harvey Automotive owns a very low mileage yellow 88 Fiero GT. Mrs. Leese bought it when she was in college. It is stored in one of the buildings on the Harvey Automotive campus. The Cadillac club is there, the Oldsmobile club and the MG club also have parking/display areas. Across the street is the famous Berger Chevrolet and they have a lot cars displayed. I would say there were at least a dozen Fieros parked and surprisingly quite a few that saw us and stopped by.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 07-08-2015).]

batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2015 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP FOR THE LOCALS!!!

Originally posted by Riddick85:

heres a photo......to show the Fiero love

I think there was a real good turn out, actually
nice piece of Parking Lot to show off our rides .......like that super sweet 3800 SC Mera in the background *blush*
I thought it was a blast and cant wait to bring the V8 GT this time \m/ \m/

the icing on the cake tho.....was this beauty in the dealership we are parked at right next to the bathrooms. I looked into buying this but the house payment of a monthly scared me off.....now its worth double or so I hear :*

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 08-06-2015).]

nutherproject68

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2015 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nutherproject68Send a Private Message to nutherproject68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there! I knight toss a few parts in the trunk too. They aren't doing me any good.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2015 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great! I be there with "money pit" new trans cooler installed or not.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 08-06-2015).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2015 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep I have to work that Saturday...
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well...pretty much got guaranteed I will not have a Fiero by the Cruise ;(
that is all..........lame. hope I have to work not

have a good time for me will ya?
P.S. take a few photos at least please ???

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 08-17-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

well...pretty much got guaranteed I will not have a Fiero by the Cruise ;(
that is all..........lame. hope I have to work not

have a good time for me will ya?
P.S. take a few photos at least please ???

What? No Mera this year? Well I took all weekend and did the trans cooler install so I could get to the cruise.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 08-18-2015).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2015 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

What? No Mera this year? Well I took all weekend and did the trans cooler install so I could get to the cruise.

nope. but, that was known cuz I think I need a new supercharger others think not.
so, I was to focus on the '86 GT V8 but that has turned real ugly ;(

thankfully my Summer Car Show's 2015 have out weighed any sadness about not having a car......til I think I could have had my car next to this

anyway.....y'all have a ball and take tons of pictures for me.

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 08-20-2015).]

Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2015 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Bump.....and maybe I can get there tonight.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2015 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if the lot will be ready for parking our cars until Saturday.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2015 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Tim and I are caravanning from Knapp's Corners and East Beltline around 9:30 . We should be at Harvey Automotive around 9:45-9:50

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 08-21-2015).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2015 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some pictures. For some reason I didnt take a lot of pictures.

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2015 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Some pictures. For some reason I didnt take a lot of pictures.

wow that's pretty weird....and pretty cool
thanks for the pictures.........
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was nice to see the Fiero owners again and to meet some new faces. Beautiful day!
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An added attraction...

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you get a chance to get up into the driving area?

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 08-24-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no. That guy was in there forever and I gave up!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock