Throttle pedal question by Chris_86GT
Started on: 06-19-2015 10:20 AM
Replies: 4 (249 views)
Last post by: Chris_86GT on 06-20-2015 03:47 AM
Chris_86GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somehow I managed to break the spring under the throttle pedal. Where I can find this part? The throttle pedal is tilting forward and I want to restore it…

Chris
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
spring between plastic pedal and metal?
Try junk yards.

Pedal and spring is same on many GM cars/trucks, The plastic "bearing" to mount to firewall too on cars uses metal rods. Others w/ stamped metal may or not use same pedal w/ different springs.
Look for pedal holes w/o being worn out or have oil on it. Oil/grease holds dirt and wears faster.
See https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/132523.html

Get whole thing and switch at home. Carefully remove the "clip" w/o damage to plastic. Get new "clips" at many parts/hardware stores.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was actually going to replace my gas pedal because the thing looks like it's held together with zip ties. Haven't gotten around to it yet...

While it's on my mind though, is there a secret maneuver to removing that clip that holds the pedal on?

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2015 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shho13:
is there a secret maneuver to removing that clip that holds the pedal on?

Not really. The clip can be cut off, break, etc.
You can pry it too but the plastic will get damage. I didn't care because pedal only good for pictures in that thread.

If you lube the spring and shaft... use Dry Teflon types. Dry types won't hold dirt etc. Avoid soaking plastic as some dry formulas have binders/solvents that could attack the plastic. Many will say don't use them w/ plastics.
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2015 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Orge but unfortunately no parts available in Greece for old American cars.
Anyone knows other car that has the same gas pedal, from an Opel maybe?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock