Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My needle in a haystack craigslist purchase of some parts thanks to this great forum!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
My needle in a haystack craigslist purchase of some parts thanks to this great forum! by 86Zimmer
Started on: 06-15-2015 04:48 PM
Replies: 4 (250 views)
Last post by: 86Zimmer on 06-15-2015 09:07 PM
86Zimmer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2015 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86ZimmerSend a Private Message to 86ZimmerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you so much to Rsvl-Rider!!!
He made this post to assist someone, anyone that might be looking for...something.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/072196.html

*Little back story, I have been stationed in Japan for the last years, I return to the states for good October 2015. So I pretty much google LS1 parts, Fieros, 61-63 Tbirds, and just for the heck of it anything related to Zimmer Quicksilvers. 99% of the time I have already seen whatever pops up related to Quicksilvers, but I missed this one some how!
**I search this site weekly now as I am going to be restoring the Zimmer this winter and I'm always looking for a well built Fiero that I can......well take everything out of and transfer to the Zimmer.

Anyway onto the tale!

As soon as I read the post, I felt like I was on the clock. I'm in Japan so it was about 7pm when I saw this post(my FB says 9 hours ago). I send the seller and email right then, "still available, any damage, HOW MUCH!!?"
I put an SOS out on FB asking if anyone was in that area. Then it dawned on me BOOM, I have a buddy out there. I message him, meanwhile another friend of mine from Nebraska posts that he is headed close like the next town over in 2 weeks and will bring the parts back to Nebraska with him........

Cali friend calls the seller no answer.....then its 1 am my time, 9am his time or something(16 hour difference)....I call him....no answer....my skype rings, ITS THE SELLER!! We shoot the sh.. for about 20 minutes about cars(guy has a 70s skyline that he needs a bumper for). Still at "make an offer". I'm terrible at making offers, how do I make an offer on something that originally was 1 of 170?!!! It is amazingly almost impossible to find parts for these cars. If anyone sees anything for them PLEASE ALERT ME lol.

*side note his zimmer had the bumpers removed or they were being reinstalled anyway the car went to paint shop that ended up going out of business and the car disappeared
**double side note, the missing car could be a load of bs, but the guy came across as very legit on the phone and the background vehicles backed up what he was talking about

I make an offer, he says its the lowest offer he has been given.... ;/ but because I'm military he will accept it. I then said hey I will throw in another 50 on top because I no longer have to worry with shipping cost. He stays at the price, $500! I can clean the chrome up with ease, and the side chrome modelings that were wrapped up look 100 times better than the rusted up side moldings that mine has with chrome flaking off.

Immediately I paypaled the friend in California, then passed his number to the friend in Nebraska that will be picking up the parts.

Thank you again Rsvl-Rider, this type of stuff is the greatest thing about car forums, and kind of any "collect/build" type of forums.
You didnt have to post the link, not many Zimmers on here, as much as I search, I did not find it and obviously would not have found it!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2015 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a great story. Happy and proud to be a part of it. Especially for one of our men in uniform. That car probably rolled of the factory line about the time I was hanging mine up!
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2015 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool this worked out the way it did for you, congrats!

------------------
Project L67 Fiero

86Zimmer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2015 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86ZimmerSend a Private Message to 86ZimmerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to completely apologize for the awful grammar in that post lol. I have to blame it on my pain med prescription.
86Zimmer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2015 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86ZimmerSend a Private Message to 86ZimmerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86Zimmer

22 posts
Member since Apr 2015

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

That's a great story. Happy and proud to be a part of it. Especially for one of our men in uniform. That car probably rolled of the factory line about the time I was hanging mine up!

Thank you for your service. My time has come to an end, 16.5 years, medical separation. I'm ready for the next chapter. VA benefits counselor and transition adviser are both in my future duty titles. My VA knowledge is strong and I aim to help as many vets in any way that I can.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock