Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is there a Fiero following in Bowling Green, KY?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is there a Fiero following in Bowling Green, KY? by R Runner
Started on: 06-04-2015 08:39 PM
Replies: 35 (620 views)
Last post by: WhiteH20kayaker on 08-01-2021 11:54 PM
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2015 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I expect to be moving to the Bowling Green, KY area soon. Is there a club or even a following?

Let me know if you are in the area.

------------------
Paul

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2015 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That area may be a bit heavy with Corvette fans.....
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2015 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats at getting out of Illinois.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. I'm pretty excited myself.

NCM just built a motorsports part and I may actually get to use my IMSA. Every Corvette community could use a little Fiero influence.
But seriously, Bowling Green is a car town and I think that will be super cool. Bowling Green Assembly was a direct customer of mine for about 5 years, so I have made many business trips to the plant floor. They build Corvettes, but I received a very warm welcome when I showed them pictures of the IMSA. Many people told me of fond memories they had of Fieros. Not what I expected at the time, but very cool.

Planning on building a bigger shop too.

Any PFF members in the area?
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy Crap!!! The famous RRunner is coming to little ol' Bowling Green? Can't wait to see his car(s)........and meet him too of course.

There are a few here, but I've only cought a couple of them to talk Fieros.

PM sent.

Edit: Ment famous not infamous.

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 06-05-2015).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess congrats are in order, but I'll be sorry to lose you from this area.

PM sent.
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^ What T Shark said. Good luck with your new home and send some pics of your new building with the Fieros in it. When you hook up with the KY guys you have to tell them the story on the engine build on your race car, that was a cool story. Will miss ya in the Stl.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Came in behind a guy with a purple 84 one morning. He's working on finishing installing the GT ground effects. There's a black Formula that runs around from time to time. Just down the road at a locksmith the owners wife has a 87 GT 5sp that is in excellent shape that they bought out of Louisville. I've seen a white 87/88 GT too, but couldn't pull a U-turn to catch'em. They're scattered, but present.

Looking forward to seeing/talking to you, Paul.

Paul
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys.

I have been in the STL area for about 17 years. This will be a big change. Moving a whole family - Wife and 3 kids. The area looks fantastic. I'll be moving my stuff over the course of the next month... stuff the movers won't touch. I figure I will be making 6 or 7 trips with the 20 box. Tomorrow I'll get it ready for the miles.
Sorry I didn't get to spend much time with you guys in the "new" STL club. I did enjoy our outing last year. Great group, I just didn't have time because of work.

I looking forward to meeting with you too, Paul (my name is Paul too so that will be easy to remember ) There is a remote possibility you could see me drive by on weekends during the month of June. I'm driving a blue '94 Suburban pulling a silver 20 box trailer with "Hosler High Performance" on the side of it. It has a white a home made aero-nose that can be seen from a distance too. If you're in your Fiero and I see you, flash the lights or something, and I'll stop. You know, standard practice for Fiero owners. Who knows, maybe I'll be hauling the IMSA. I have 4 vehicles to bring before the daily drivers come down.

I'll be working just north of town starting in July.

Hoping to get some track time in next year at NCM Motorsports Park. I also want to take the kids to the Corvette Plant for a tour. I still know a few people from the days when they were my direct customer and really want them to see what an assembly plant looks like. Cool stuff.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul,

Is your shop going to be located somewhat close to the Corvette Plant? Louisville Rd. / Porter Pike (Hwy 68/80)?

I don't get on that side of town much, so I'll probably miss you coming through.

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 06-05-2015).]

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2015 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hard to say. My wife and I will be coming down with the family to drive around the area and look at some of the homes we have seen for sale on line. At this point, we have not decided on an exact location. I would like to be within 20 to 25 minutes of work (which is pretty close to the Corvette stuff).
My "shop" will simply be a large metal insulated garage. I'm thinking 30x50 minimum with a lift or two. I have a lift currently, and it is ALWAYS full. My wife says, "why don't you get two?". I'm thinking "yes!" So, again, it is hard to say. It really depends what we find and where I can build a shop if it comes to that. Everything is up in the air. All I know for sure is that I am moving and I start my job on July 6.

I got your PM. I'l contact you later. Headed out to the shop to start on my trailer.

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

Paul,

Is your shop going to be located somewhat close to the Corvette Plant? Louisville Rd. / Porter Pike (Hwy 68/80)?

I don't get on that side of town much, so I'll probably miss you coming through.

PFF
System Bot
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2015 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good.

Are you looking for a couple more cars? I found one for sale and contacted him yesterday. He told me he has another at his job, so both are up to buy. He " needs to sell them" is what he told me. Going to look at the other one today. One is a red '86 SE V6 4sp with 73,xxx mi, very clean undamaged interior, sunroof, pwr windows/locks. Car doesn't look to be wrecked at all, but the clear coat is pealing. I will get pictures to put on here hopefully this weekend if not it will be Monday because it's sitting a mechanics shop. The other is white, but don't know what it is. I can't wait to see it.

He asked me what they're worth. I don't want to price his cars for him . He sounds like a good ol' guy that's a bit older than me. He doesn't have the cash to throw at them because money is tight right now. I told him I'd help sell them and get them to a good owner, so hopefully someone on here will buy them.

Ah, I'm rambling now. I'll talk to you when you call. I'll be in and out today, so if you can't reach me at the home # call my cell.

Paul

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 06-06-2015).]

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 05:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So far so good! Any one else in the KY area?
Probably bringing my first Fiero down on Saturday. Not certain, but making plans.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

Probably bringing my first Fiero down on Saturday. Not certain, but making plans.

Looks like you might be stuck with just me.

Have a safe trip, Paul.

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 06-09-2015).]

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That will be fine. Guess we will have to start our own club.
The meetings should be easy.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That will be fine. Guess we will have to start our own club.
The meetings should be easy.

I think skuzzbomer is the closest member that I know of. He's located in Nashville. Blackrams is a couple hours away in Lexington( ? ) I'm trying to get the most recent one I've met to join the forum. He works less than a block away from where I work.

As for the meetings......some BBQ, lawn chairs, and a drink of your choice.

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 06-09-2015).]

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in Paducah just off of I24 between exits 4 and 7. Drop me a PM IF you would like to meet up on one of your trips.

Dwayne

------------------

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, I'm about an hour away. There's another semi-local guy on the Fiero Facebook page. He's about half a hour west of Nashville but I've not really met anyone local since I've been into Fieros (going on 7 years of research and 6 years of ownership - the area seems a bit dead for the fanbase, for some reason). My car is in nearly permanent stasis as I've not had the space or spare funding to get started on the total rebuild as of yet.

Paul (RRunner), we met and spoke a bit at the 30th in Indy. I was the guy that drove a red RX8 to the event.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2015 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I have the 2 Fieros moved. kyunderdawg was a HUGE help. There is no way I could have done it without him.

[This message has been edited by R Runner (edited 06-15-2015).]

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2015 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by 1MohrFiero:

I am in Paducah just off of I24 between exits 4 and 7. Drop me a PM IF you would like to meet up on one of your trips.

Dwayne

Dwayne.... If I get that way, I'll let you know and we can have lunch or something. I have been going through Indiana because it is the most direct route.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2015 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Yep, I'm about an hour away. There's another semi-local guy on the Fiero Facebook page. He's about half a hour west of Nashville but I've not really met anyone local since I've been into Fieros (going on 7 years of research and 6 years of ownership - the area seems a bit dead for the fanbase, for some reason). My car is in nearly permanent stasis as I've not had the space or spare funding to get started on the total rebuild as of yet.

Paul (RRunner), we met and spoke a bit at the 30th in Indy. I was the guy that drove a red RX8 to the event.

Thanks for the info. I'm a little surprised at how little interest there is in the area. Well, once I get settled, there will be one more PFF member in KY. Maybe we can plan a show next year or get together at a established existing annual car show in the area.
PFF
System Bot
MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2015 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hate to see you guys all by yourselves so I guess I will chime in....
I'm about 10 minutes from Ft.Knox.....about an hour from Bowling Green.
I have 3 in total....2 with v8's and 1 with the standard 6 cylinder but will eventually wind up with a 3800sc.
I would really like to see everyone get together and start a group.........
Hit me up if you guys are interested.....
Kevin
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadProfessor8138:

Hate to see you guys all by yourselves so I guess I will chime in....
I'm about 10 minutes from Ft.Knox.....about an hour from Bowling Green.
I have 3 in total....2 with v8's and 1 with the standard 6 cylinder but will eventually wind up with a 3800sc.
I would really like to see everyone get together and start a group.........
Hit me up if you guys are interested.....
Kevin

We will definitely need to plan a get together. Not that anyone needs to wait for me, but my participation will be somewhat limited until I get a house and shop established. I think starting a group would be cool. Even if it was "loose" on planned events. We could go to some already planned car shows in the area to keep planning easy for a while then maybe down the road, have an event that was Fiero focused.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM replied to, MP.

Looks like R Runner beat me to it though.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kyunderdawg

4373 posts
Member since Aug 2008

Well I have the 2 Fieros moved. kyunderdawg was a HUGE help. There is no way I could have done it without him.

Sure you could. You would've engineered a way to do it.

You forgot to leave the keys to one of them though.

It was a pleasure meeting up with you, Paul as well as conversing together. Though you took a few things over this ol' simple country boys head. Be glad to help anytime you need it. Just give me a call to let me know you're coming.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing was intended to go over your head. Just excited to be in good company and what looks like a great town.

PM sent...

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:
Sure you could. You would've engineered a way to do it.

You forgot to leave the keys to one of them though.

It was a pleasure meeting up with you, Paul as well as conversing together. Though you took a few things over this ol' simple country boys head. Be glad to help anytime you need it. Just give me a call to let me know you're coming.

MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
R Runner & kyunderdawg ......pm sent

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadProfessor8138:

........ kyunderdawg ......pm sent

PM replied to, sir.

PM sent...

PM also replied to......too.

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 06-17-2015).]

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2015 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dwayne.... If I get that way, I'll let you know and we can have lunch or something. I have been going through Indiana because it is the most direct route.

We have a small group that gets together every Sept for a weekend. It would be great to have you guys there.
GreenPlatypus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2015 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenPlatypusSend a Private Message to GreenPlatypusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm up in Louisville. Don't fiddle with Fiero's much anymore, gotten into Mini Coopers. Still lurk the forum.
WhiteH20kayaker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2021 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteH20kayakerClick Here to visit WhiteH20kayaker's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhiteH20kayakerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I realize this is an old post but I'm new to the forum and just looking around. I'm 20 minutes South of Louisville in Brooks, KY. I just got this 84 about a week ago.
PFF
System Bot
J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2021 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see some Kentucky boys and girls around. I am over in La Grange, and nice to see another bumper pad car.

Jack

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2021 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear there are more Fieros in Kentucky...

Welcome to PFF WhiteH20kayaker!
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2021 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you see my mate Jim in bowling green please say a hello from me.
WhiteH20kayaker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2021 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteH20kayakerClick Here to visit WhiteH20kayaker's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhiteH20kayakerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm in Brooks, KY just South of Louisville.

WhiteH20kayaker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2021 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteH20kayakerClick Here to visit WhiteH20kayaker's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhiteH20kayakerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WhiteH20kayaker

12 posts
Member since Jul 2021

Good to hear there are more Fieros in Kentucky...

Welcome to PFF WhiteH20kayaker!

Thank you!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock