Started on: 06-03-2015 08:24 AM
Replies: 5 (305 views)
Last post by: x-thumpr-x on 08-31-2015 06:29 PM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have read a few older posts about this topic but nothing recent.
The car I`m getting has the brake upgrade but the rear brackets turn the calipers upside down so they have to be bled off of the bracket.
Does anyone still make the brackets which will mount the caliper right side up.
I`m not familiar with this upgrade so excuse me if I`m missing something.
Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think there was a bracket made to do that. I have those brackets (bought the car with them on). I think people reversed sides so the bleeder would face up, but doing that meant you couldn't use the emergency brake cable. others will chime in I hope to correct me if I've mis-spoken.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did see a write-up that placed the brake cable below the axle but I`m not sure what year it was and what is involved.
Thanks
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2015 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a nice summary of brake options

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/109048.html

I believe the bleeder/ ebrake cable issue was resolved. You don't hear much about lebaron anymore now that 12" and 13" kits are available.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 06-04-2015).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2015 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Jonathan, for the link.
I will stick with the ones on it for now.
I have other work I need to finish first.
x-thumpr-x

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this post is a few months old but just found it. I'm using the original bracket style designed by Walt Zettner and my rear calipers are right side up. My bleeder screws are on the top and my e-brake cable goes over my axle with no issues. I'm using Pontiac 6000 rear cables which have a metal sleeve abouth 4 inches long to keep the end straight over the axle and supported on the opposite side of the axle where the hose clamp support would normally be.

can't post any pics, photobucket is down right now.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock