Got the fiero running today by Detainabull
Started on: 05-31-2015 08:31 PM
Replies: 0 (95 views)
Last post by: Detainabull on 05-31-2015 08:31 PM
Detainabull

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So after sitting for a while in the driveway I finally decided to drop the gas tank and replace the fuel pump. Def a pain in the ass to do by yourself. I cleaned the tank and put a new fuel pump in and got my brother to give me a hand putting bit back in. Only to see there were pinholes in the very front of the tank. What a bummer. Didn't stop me tho. Just angled the tank a little bit to keep it away from the hole and fired her up. Smoked like hell and idled high but finally settled in to a sound running duke. Decided to take it for a spin up the road and back about a mile or so. No second gear at all. So that sucks too. At least now I know to scrap the Isuzu trans and go with a getrag for the 3800 swap. Looks like I'll be starting this project this summer so I'll keep u all posted. Was looking forward to just driving it with duke for now but I'll just start taking it all apart asap and cleaning it all up. Well that's it for now guys. Keep ya posted.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock