Mansfield Ohio by x-thumpr-x
Started on: 05-30-2015 06:28 PM
Replies: 12 (294 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 06-02-2015 09:31 PM
x-thumpr-x

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I rolled into Mansfield Ohio yesterday afternoon and I've yet to see one other Fiero. Didn't see any on our trip down from Toronto. I'm in town for a show called Dropt & Destroyed. New date the year and venue. It's being held at the old reformatory that Shawshank Redemption was filmed. It's a two day show again this year, will be heading back home tomorrow afternoon.

If anyone sees a dark green Fiero rolling around, it's me.

[This message has been edited by x-thumpr-x (edited 05-30-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2M4Dale who I havent seen post here in quite a while had a Fiero shop at his house just north of the reformatory on the same road. Just to the north is a gorgeous 1/2 mile, paved high banked speedway with all brand new garages, restaurants, grandstands, parking lot. A family rebuilt it a while back and was equal or better than Bristol Speedway. Hooters Pro Cup, ASA, Craftsman Truck series all raced there. After 2 seasons they closed it down and filed bankruptcy. Now its a brand new 10 million dollar abandoned bowl.

https://www.google.com/#q=m...motorsports+speedway

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 05-30-2015).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in Akron and have seen 4 this week other than mine.

The prison is a real cool place to visit. Too bad they tore so much of the other buildings down. They also filmed Air Force One and Tango and Cash thee.

I remember being placed in Solitary there once .......On the tour. LOLQ.

I hope the storms missed you we got hit by one and have had several pass by. I expect it to be a dark and stormy night to night here.

The race track was nice. I was there for all the NASCAR Truck Races before it closed. The really nice track is Mid Ohio just a few miles south west of the prison. It is like a race track in a park. I will be there this year for the Indy and NASCAR race.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

5998 posts
Member since Mar 2003
Funny how you brought up Track at Mansfield.

Racing will return to Mansfield Speedway: Racing in Mansfield will resurrect this summer. Mansfield Speedway will host six events starting Sunday, June 21, after a lease agreement was struck between track owner Grant Milliron and Sandusky-based K&B Promotions. The half-mile paved oval on the north side last hosted a race in 2010. It's last full season of racing came in 2008. The facility that used to welcome the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and ARCA as well as other national touring series fell out of use when previous owner Michael Dzurilla ran into financial and tax problems. Milliron, who has no background in racing but is a successful Richland County businessman with Milliron Industries, bought the track for $800,000 at a sheriff's sale in January, 2013. Last fall it was announced that northern Ohio racing promoter Kevin Ruic would bring events to the track for 2015, but the deal was nixed by Milliron after racist Facebook postings by Ruic were revealed this spring. K&B, which owns regional touring series as well as operates Sandusky Speedway, was scheduled to bring the Midwest Supermodified Association, Buckeye Super Sprints Series and Main Event Racing Series for late models to Mansfield this summer.(Mansfield News Journal)(5-30-2015)
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The weather was great today. Rain held off until the evening. We were in Wal-Mart when the rain came down. Sounded like the roof was going give under the pressure.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

2M4Dale who I havent seen post here in quite a while had a Fiero shop at his house just north of the reformatory on the same road.

Wish I knew this when I lived in Akron.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

no2pencil

1523 posts
Member since Oct 2009

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I am in Akron and have seen 4 this week other than mine.

I've got a friend with 2 (green & white), he's off the East Ave exit of 76. There was an orange one on I think Tallmadge Road, & a flat black one on 224.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

I've got a friend with 2 (green & white), he's off the East Ave exit of 76. There was an orange one on I think Tallmadge Road, & a flat black one on 224.

There are a ton of them here and I see many of them often. Near the one on East Ave one you know of is Rick's 3800 SC.

I saw a flawless 88 Formula this week with aftermarket wheels, a stock red 86 SE and a couple others that were daily drivers. I would have had mine out Friday when I was off but they paved Manchester Rd this week going to Canal Fulton and I did not want to get in the tar.

This is why when some people want to declare that few Fiero's are left I always remind them it depends just on where you live.

I don't see many pelicans here in Ohio but that does not mean they are by any means rare. Funny we even had one of those last year. Not sure how he ended up in Ohio.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 05-31-2015).]

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have a cluster of Fieros here in North Ridgeville. I've been out and about in mine over the last couple days.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you can make it to Mid Ohio, in Lexington (Mansfield area), the Vintage Gran Prix is there the weekend of Jun 26-27. Lots of race cars from the 70s and older running real races. Usually even a few old Nascar cars. Only $25 with full access to the whole track, grandstands, garages and pits. The only place you cant go is pit road during a race. Ill be there for it and the Nascar race in Aug. I reserved a corral at the Sunday infield Concours DeElegance for Fieros one year and we had about 1/2 dozen show up. You also get a few slow laps on the track on Sunday at 11am.

Jason, you making it ?
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be in Carlisle that weekend
PFF
System Bot
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

If you can make it to Mid Ohio, in Lexington (Mansfield area), the Vintage Gran Prix is there the weekend of Jun 26-27. Lots of race cars from the 70s and older running real races. Usually even a few old Nascar cars. Only $25 with full access to the whole track, grandstands, garages and pits. The only place you cant go is pit road during a race. Ill be there for it and the Nascar race in Aug. I reserved a corral at the Sunday infield Concours DeElegance for Fieros one year and we had about 1/2 dozen show up. You also get a few slow laps on the track on Sunday at 11am.

Jason, you making it ?

Yup. This time with the Fiero! It was a blast last year. I highly recommend it.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2015 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you want a little more speed on the track at Mid Ohio you can sand bag in some areas of the track and make runs into the corners. I did the concourse a couple times and I also got to tag along with a Camaro Club at the IMSA race one year. I fell in tail end of the Carmaro group and we had a lot of track and not many cars so we got a pretty good run and no one yelled at us.

We got to hang out with Stevenson Racing. They let us into the haulers and even the Garages while they were working. Jeff Bucknam Ronnie Bucknams the old Trans Am drivers son hung out with us as well as the other drivers. They crashed one of the Sunoco Camaro's and I got the nose emblem. Art gave it to me and wrote I'm sorry on it. I tried to get the nose but one of the other drivers got it before me.

The Vintage race is worth it just for the Can Am cars if there are any. God those things are loud and if you look at them you understand why so many of the drivers died. The old Lotus too as they were pretty much engines strapped to the backs of the drivers.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock