Wow, 277 original miles! by Shho13
Started on: 05-24-2015 01:10 PM
Replies: 15 (478 views)
Last post by: Alex4mula on 05-25-2015 09:22 PM
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Browsing Ebay this morning and found what has to be the lowest known miles 1988 in existence... Absolutely flawless; they really don't make cars like they used to...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...cb&item=121641699531

It always bums me out when going to a junk yard to rob parts off other cars knowing that every car ever made was once a beautiful new car and looked this good.

$35K right now, lets see if anyone goes for it!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow!!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish he could actually get that much, but even Mike Kelley's car (last Fiero made with similar mileage) can't sell for that much. The Fiero's negative image has killed any collector value the Fiero might have had and all those pristine low miles 88s are losing value with respect to inflation.

Ps - If I could afford that car I would daily drive it...seriously.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 05-24-2015).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful car! I have NEVER seen that many pictures in an eBay auction, EVER! That is what I call WELL documented.
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2015 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely amazing! I wouldn't do anything to it, I'd drive it and that's it. This is one that doesn't need a body kit, it doesn't need a bigger engine or an upgraded interior, this is perfect just the way it is. I did notice one bolt missing tho, I hate to be 'that guy'.

None the less, I hope the seller gets what he is asking for.

------------------
Every fiero has a story, It's our job to keep that story alive.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Beautiful car! I have NEVER seen that many pictures in an eBay auction, EVER! That is what I call WELL documented.

That was an insane number of pictures, but in a nice way. Now that eBay lets you hot link pictures from your own website there is no excuse not to post as many pics as you want. They took full advantage.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful car but as soon as you start driving it the value starts to drop so it would have to be a garage queen if you wanted to keep it as an investment.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some say cars like this are impossible to fine.

Well here is another example that they are not. While this one is a little over prices there are others just as clean and with just a few thousand miles with less.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like most car dealers, they put a high price on their cars. But at $34,500 for an 88 GT, he is living in a fantasy world. That price is more than 2x for what the car sold for when new.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Some say cars like this are impossible to fine.

Well here is another example that they are not. While this one is a little over prices there are others just as clean and with just a few thousand miles with less.

This car is not rare. On the other hand......a T-top Formula is one of the original 299 cars.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful example of a "pristine" 88GT. Asking price seems a bit much, but isn't that what some of us wanted to happen? I think some would like to see a 1 in front of the 3! On the other hand, when we are looking for one to buy, we want them to be available for under a grand, or ideally, half of that! Ah well....human nature I guess.

A friend of mine called the other day and told me about an 86 or 87GT sitting outside a garage for sale about 18 miles from my house. Said it's maroon and looks very nice and is supposed to have only 16,000 original miles on it. He said the asking price is $10,000. I'm just not in the market for any more, in fact I'm thinking about selling my 88GT, but if anybody should be interested in more info, let me know, and I'll see what I can find out.

Car is located between S.Parkersburg and Mineral Wells in WV. a couple miles off of I-77.

Hope everybody has a great Memorial Day, and we all take a moment or two to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice so we could enjoy our life here.

HAGO!
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately optimism and reality are sometimes very far apart. The Fiero will never be an expensive rare exotic car. It has an economy car suspension, was marketed as a commuter car, enjoyed a period where fires were numerous, and at best comes with a 140 HP V6 engine. They drive well and the 88 is the most desirable but $35,000 is way off the mark.
First off the car w 288 miles is technically used, but any car whether 288 miles or even 10 miles has spent the majority of its life sitting. Sitting is bad for any car . Gaskets, seals, tires and bearings deteriorate and weather even with zero use. Metal corrodes and can rust.
What is being sold on eBay is an example of a vehicle in long term storage, nothing more. If this vehicle is ever sold it will be of little practical use and relegated to "garage queen" status by its owner. IMO, even a generous offer would be $15K. or about what it cost when new. Follow the auction and lets see if my analysis is correct.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd rather have the 88 listed for sale in the mall right now for $6200, its the same color but has been driven and taken care of.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Like most car dealers, they put a high price on their cars. But at $34,500 for an 88 GT, he is living in a fantasy world. That price is more than 2x for what the car sold for when new.

Ever heard of inflation?

According to the inflation calculator $34,000 in 2014 (most recent year available) is equal to $17,086.26 in 1988 dollars. Or pretty close to what it cost new. In other words if you wanted to buy a brand new Fiero in 2015 it would cost about $34,000.

Cars make lousy investments and this car has not been an investment. You should have no problem buying this car and driving it. Except for the fact that if it's wrecked it can't be easily repaired or replaced.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He will be very lucky to get 1/3-1/4 of that price. For myself, unless its proven to have been in an airconditioned, dehumidified, heated storage room for its life, I want to replace the complete brake system and all engine seals just for starters. Then of course we know the tires are junk ( ) The only things Id really trust as is would be the upholstery and paint. Id pay more for a nice one with 50K on it that's actually been driven some.

Theres a whole slew of under 15K, 88 Fieros for all around $10,000 that I just looked up. At least those are a bit more believable

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 05-25-2015).]

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2015 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty car as any new car. There is nothing more rewarding than driving a low miles Fiero. I wonder too about that missing rocker rivet. Definitely not the lowest mileage 88 out there at all. He can ask $100k if he wants. That doesn't mean it is worth that.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock